The Life of the Party | Teen Ink

The Life of the Party

April 28, 2015
By Babybearcub PLATINUM, West Linn, Oregon
Babybearcub PLATINUM, West Linn, Oregon
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line" -Oscar Levant

"You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give." -Winston Churchill


My stomach takes a dive all the way to the floor, while I’m being raised to my certain doom. Someone, or something, takes my blindfold off. I see tons of hideous monsters, with multicolored slime dripping from their jaws. Probably from the last creature to wander into their trap I think. One, with a horn at the top of his head that has peculiar lettering on it, is holding a giant baseball bat.That’s when my death trial starts. The leader takes a swing with his bat. I feel my life is hanging on by a thread, (which technically it is) and that this blow will destroy me. That’s when I’m pulled sharply up, with the tug of the string. Out of the corner of my eyes, i see my savior, another monster but older, and more mature. But just as quickly,  I was lowered back into my arena of doom. The next monster, probably the second in command, viciously grabs the bat from the leader’s clutches. Once again the same scenario is continued. I’m pulled out of the way and lowered again. This goes on for the next five monsters. There’s no one left in line, maybe I will live I thought, but I was wrong. The leader comes forward again, determined that this blow, his blow, will be the last. I still trust my savior, to pull me out of the way. But when I turn around, my savior had wandered into his cave. That’s when the leader rears back his bat and thrusts it forward and then, just then, I remember my creator. A nice, caring giant. She made me with care and beauty. I knew that this was my final thought. That’s when I wish, I wish I were a person, not a candy-filled, confetti made, stupid birthday pinata.


The author's comments:

I had a lot of fun writing this, and leading it up to the ending! I hope when people read this they have fun reading the ending, and I think my favorite part about reading stories like this, is that I get to go back and look at all the hints the author had put in the piece, that I had not gotten before.