The Sausage | Teen Ink

The Sausage

By ConnorFry BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
ConnorFry BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

One day, long ago,in a small town by the name of lafayette, there was a flying talking sausage.  This sausage would befriend anyone.  One day he met a boy named Zachary and this is how he met him.  Zachary was always getting bullied at school by a kid named Winston.  Winston would always put him in waste cans.  Every day this would happen. One day he was face first in a waste can when he saw the sausage.  It was best friends at first sight.

The next day he showed his best friend, Jimmy. Jimmy was amused with the sausage. When all of the sudden the sausage looked at the two boys and the sausage said, “Howdy Partner.” Now both of them were truly amazed.   After school they both met at the park.  Once at the park the both of them gathered as many sausages as they could get which unfortunately was only four.  After that they asked the sausage if he could speak with the other sausages. The talking sausage said he could try, but he failed. It seemed like they spoke pig Latin, not cow Latin.  So he simply could not talk to them.
That night Zachary couldn’t stop thinking about the sausage. He didn’t know if he should to tell someone or just keep it a secret because only two people knew.  He decided to keep it a secret.  The next day when Winston tried to bully him, the sausage jumped out of Zachary’s backpack and landed on Winston’s face.  All at once the sausage started punching Winston in the face. When he was done, he threw Winston in the waste can.  After that Zachary decided to keep the sausage, so all that night Zachary thought of names like Bob, Jim, Sausage Boy etc.  Soon he had it; he would call him Zachary jr. The next morning he struggled out of bed onto the cold wooden floor. As he got dressed he walked down stairs the old house creaking with every step took.  Once at the bottom of the stairs, he smelled something that made him jump awake. It was the smell of cooking sausage. At that moment he ran in the kitchen to see the remainders of what used to be Mini Me.
“How could you?” said Zachary.
“What are you talking about? “replied his mom.
You killed my innocent sausage!”
“What do you mean?” asked his mother.
“See that one third of a sausage? Well that used to be my sausage!” cried Zachary.
“I’m very sorry for your loss, but i just dont understand. “Said his mother.
That night Zachary couldn’t stop thinking about what happened earlier that morning.  Now Winston would come at him harder than ever and find the biggest waste can to throw him in.
The next day, as he crept out of bed, he stuck his feet on the cold floor and began to worry.  When his mother called him down for breakfast, he said he didn’t feel well.  So he didn’t have to go to school that day.  Later on that night, he thought about what he had done.  He had never lied to his mother before.  He felt bad and this time he really felt sick.  That night he had terrible nightmares about the sausage coming back and haunting him.  He knew he should have protected the sausage better, but he was caught off-guard.  Now, what was he going to say to his mother?  How was he not going to have to go to school?
The next morning when his mother called him down for breakfast, he went downstairs, ate his breakfast, got dressed, and left for school.  When he finally arrived at school, he tried to hide from Winston.  As soon as Winston saw him, he ran over to Zachary and asked him why he was covering his face with both hands.  “Aren’t you going to pound my face in?” asked Zachary.  Before Zachary could say another word, he heard something that made him stop cold.  It was Winston apologizing for bullying Zachary. “i'm sorry he said having your friend throw me in the trash can made me realize how mean it really was.” That night Zachary slept over at Winston’s house and they walked to school together the next day.  They were friends forever.

This article was written for the younger age group but is a good moral story for all around ages!!