A Stranger To Myself | Teen Ink

A Stranger To Myself

By Nyx_X SILVER, Moosic, Pennsylvania
Nyx_X SILVER, Moosic, Pennsylvania

She slid the tape into the VCR and watched as the screen came alive. On it were two familiar people that she knew, but yet, they seemed like strangers all the same. But if she thought about that day hard enough, she knew who they were. It was her and Matt; him happy and alive, her joyful and glad. But the accident changed everything. She could no longer go on stage with him by her side and stare into his eyes and slowly feel her panic fall away, she couldn't even sing in her room with no one looking. And she knew it was because without him there was no music, just a scared girl falling apart day by day. On the screen the two strangers were singing, watching only eachother, but still staying at a perfect pitch. When it ended he pulled her into a hug and then they turned, bowed, and walked off stage. The screen went black and she started to cry, because that's how she felt now: empty and black. The person on the screen was a stranger, and yet it was her. And Matt was gone. She might have been that person before, but now she was far from her old self. And her thoughts led to only one direction. Sometimes, time can't heal old wounds.

KittyKitty09 said...
I fell in love with this short written artical a year ago but never commented. Now that I see you only have one comment I apologise for not commenting

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

So sad. . .it made me cry.