To Lose Her (prt. 1) | Teen Ink

To Lose Her (prt. 1)

July 13, 2017
By EmpressPenn SILVER, Hoschton, Georgia
EmpressPenn SILVER, Hoschton, Georgia
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For every 60 seconds you spend on a negative emotion, its a minute of happiness you'll never be able to get back in life!" - EmpressPenn


And he looked at her, with fire in his eyes, and spirit flooding his soul. And he held her hand tightly within his- their warmth and calm energy now completely in sync. As she lay in the hospital bed motionless, he leaned forward in his chair and laid his cheek on the back of her hand, allowing the little life it held to completely caress him. He closed his eyes tightly and tried to hold back the emotions that were rooted in his conscience. Now becoming overwhelmed, tears welled up. They each turned into individual waterfalls, overflowing one by one down onto the dry blanket and sheets.

Still holding her hand, he wiped his tears and said, “You know… you were the one to always wipe away my tears.You were the one to say ‘calm your heart’ and ‘lose the hardness in your face’. And each time, I took it for granted. You were the one to make my pain go away. With you pain, had no existence. And I use to think it was all because I was strong enough to control it. But no… you became that wall for me. You were the brick wall that stopped the pain from coming to me. And everyday that you were sick, was another brick being taken away. And slowly I’m starting to feel everything. Without you, I am weak. Without you I am not strong. You were the bricks to my Brick wall mom.”

Suddenly, he broke down. The tears came like a loose faucet and he quietly weep. He stood up and like a child, sat on the bed next to her. He leaned over to embrace her in a hug, burying his face in her bosom. The rain clouds tightly packed away the sun, and cried the rain drops upon the hospital windows, painting the atmosphere cold, hollow and alone.

“Please... I didn't mean to leave you like this.” He says still laying on top of her, “I can’t do this. I need your voice. I need your words. I need your smile. I need your spirit. All of it! I need it every second of everyday. I need it in my mind and inside my heart. I can't breath without you! Please… please mom wake up! I’m sorry. I'm so, so sorry!”


The author's comments:

This is a short story idea. If this gains enough attention, I'll post part two. I'm looking to make this into a full book... hopefully

 

The piece is meant to dig into a deep part of emotions. And being that the main character is a male, and males are known to hide their emotions, i wanted to bring a protagonist that'll draw emotion from themselves, thus drawing emotion from the reader. I feel that if a writer can connect with the reader on a personal level (in this case via the emotions), it can become a masterpeace you'll never forget. I aim to make this piece deep and rich with emotion, yet beautiful and full of the true meaning of love. 

Prt. 1 immediatley drops you into the heart of the issue that the short story will be centered around.