a scene from tom and daisy's after they leave west egg | Teen Ink

a scene from tom and daisy's after they leave west egg

It was dark, windy night in west egg when i got a call, it was daisy, I hadn’t heard from her in months.

“Nick…. It’s daisy i just wanted to know how you were doing, how are things in west egg?” she asked I was angry at first but i calmed myself down and said “Daisy I haven’t heard from you in months….all has been well, how are you and tom?” “Nick i have important news.” she said nervously “....Nick, im expecting.” I stood there wordless and in shock the only words that managed to slip out were “congratulations, daisy!” and suddenly i was no longer angry, I was in shock, then i heard “Nick ? Nick are you still there? Nick are you alright?” she asked but i did not know how to answer just months ago gatsby had died and now she calls and says she’s expecting a child, i would have expected her to be a little upset “I’m alright daisy.” i responded, then she said “Nick can we meet up i will be in west egg next week i have other things i’d like to discuss with you.” I said “sure, we’ll have tea.” then she said “we are all set then, See you soon nick.” and the call ended. Six days pass daisy calls “Nick are we still having tea tomorrow.” daisy asked “yes of course daisy” i said. A day passes and i hear a car pulling up to my driveway, its daisy. I open the front door and daisy’s chauffeur opens the car doors for daisy, she rushes to greet me and announces she has big news “Nick, how ive missed you