Surprising Save | Teen Ink

Surprising Save

June 3, 2022
By šaljivac SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
šaljivac SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The rain was hitting the ground as grey skies moved in. It was tiny little sounds. Thud. Thud. Thud. Dropping one after another. The men chased me right into the deep thick of the woods. The skies were starting to turn a darker color and it was barely visible anymore. BAM!

Earlier, in the day, at about 7 p.m., I was sitting on the couch with my dog Skyla watching Netflix. Suddenly, Skyla started growling and eventually ran out of sight and started barking. Something is wrong. Skyla has never acted this way before. I got up, in a daze as I was almost asleep. Skyla stopped barking and the house was eerie and a little too quiet. I walked to the front door and stepped into view to see multiple flashlights pointed into my house. I dropped to the floor and out of view. I looked around and saw light coming in from multiple directions of the house. I booked it to the backdoor, checked if anyone was there, and ran. I then heard a voice say, “Hey! Where do you think you’re going?”

I ran for a long time, I couldn’t tell say how long but now it was almost pitch black out. I was also now in the middle of the forest. All by myself with multiple people coming after me for reasons unknown. I still saw their flashlights in the distance but it was clear I had created some space between them. I don’t know how they still knew where I was going but that was beside me. I just needed to get away. 

It started to rain pretty hard and I could hear thunder. The skies were now completely dark and the moon was gone. I didn’t know where I was and I didn’t know where to go now. BOOM! The loudest sound I’ve ever heard in my life. I froze. Lighting struck the tree not three feet away from me. I heard cracking and the tree fell down beside me barely missing me as well. The tree was on fire but quickly fizzled out from the rain. I heard voices and the flashlights were getting closer. I started to run again and to my surprise, I saw a little log cabin on the hill. I ran up the hill, slipping almost after every step. I knocked on the door and Ryan Reynolds answered and let me inside.

“How can I help you?”, he said. 

I peered around and saw a red and black suit. I also saw what looked like The Rock. 

“There are people chasing me and I don’t know what for, but they are definitely after me for some reason”, I said trembling. 

“We can help”, they both said at the same time. 

They both stared at each other and started to argue, but I knew I was safe. 

“Go hide down here”, the Rock said. 

I heard a lot of commotion but after what seemed like five minutes. Ryan, or should I say Deadpool, opened the door and waved.

“It’s all safe”, he said with a smirk on his face.