It Starts Golden | Teen Ink

It Starts Golden

Layla goes out to the farm to feed her chickens and collect eggs for breakfast till she realizes she's gone out of chicken feed so she goes to the store to get some layla wanted to try this new one but it looked like it was the last one but i guess no one wanted it layla said so she grabbed the bag and went to check out at the cash register the worker said it wasn't theres and she can just have it for free as sketchy as it looked layla still went home and gave it to her chickens she collected her eggs and made breakfast the next day she went to collect more eggs and her chickens where MASSIVE!!! she looked at them then chuckled. The feed must have worked well, she said. Layla goes to where the hens lay eggs and holy smokes the eggs are gold! What in the jack in the beanstalk is that she ran to go show her mom but she didn't believe layla that it was real until she tried to crack it thinking layla just painted a chicken egg and somehow made it heavy trying to fool her but instead it dropped on her foot and she screamed ouch! Then reality kicked in they went to the pawn shop to see how much they could get for it when 100,000 dollars popped up layla and her mom screamed in joy but they didn't even have a bank account so they walked to the bank and got one they put there money in there bank account and got a card it was probably the best day of laylas life they got the new iphones and a car and clothes they even took a plane to flordia but as they were on there vacation at florda they ran out of money layla and her mom stayed the rest of their trip but when laylas mom looked in her purse she saw there passports where gone in disbelief  they looked everywhere but couldn't find it so layla and her mom went to the airport and they said they can just use an emergency passport they got in the plane relieved but when they got home all the golden eggs and magic feed was gone but at least they have breakfast this time layla went to go check on the garden she watered the tomato plant the flowers the carrots and the potatoes after a long day in the heat she went back inside until her mom called her to run to the super market to get some more bean plants sense ours seemed to die anoyed layla rode her bike to the super market. Layla went to to plant section and got some seeds her mom didnt give her enough money for the seeds so she rode back home as she was going home an old homeless looking man stoped her and looked at her scarf i will give you these beans for that scarf layla needed the beans anyway plus the scarf was just an old trifted one so she agreed and took the beans she went back home when layla got home she layed back down till her mom told her to plant the seeds even more mad then before she got up and planted the seeds after she ate dinner and went to finally lay down until her mom told her to wash the dishes this time layla just shut the door and locked it the next morning layla went to water the plants and was shocked when the the plant was humongous and ive read jack and the bean stock so why would i climb it to just get eaten by a giant layla said but the curiosity won she climbed the beanstock stepping on one thorn at a time but she was not that good of a climber and turns out she wasn’t even 10 ft up the beanstock trying to climb it layla slipped and fell almost hitting the ground her foot got stuck on one of the thorns hanging about upside down layla saw a upside down version of her mom kinda looking mad at her where did you get those beans her mom said not where who she said frustrated she couldent get up layla asked her mom to help theres no way im going up there her mom said chuckling getting layla out of the beanstalk ms williams couldent help but think what if there is more gold up there so the next morning ms williams went to the bean stalk and started climbing she had experience sence she used to rock climb but what she didnt know was what was waiting for her peacfally climbing up the beanstalk she finally got up scared in disballif of what she saw running at her fe fi foe fum a giant she screamed  running blocking the beanstalk she ran for what looked like a castle but when she walked in there where so many more then they saw her surrounding her drool dripping on her face probably about to get eaten layla jumps in shooing them away after they dont go away she grabs her mom and runs off but that giant is still blocking the way out what where you thinking layla said to her mom right back at you she says we have to find a way out of here she says they search the play but didnt get too far sense it was giant and they where really tiny seeming like there where no other way layla has a plan mabey if we find the kitchen get it somthig to eat it will stop to leave and we will run down sounds like a plan ms williams said they go back into the castle to search for a kichen they split up to find one found it layla said whispering a giant kitchen the only problem there was is when they opened the fridge there were ingredients they never even seen before but they had to make the best of it so they took what looked like meat and this green plant mixed it up in a pan with some salt took it back outside once they got back they waved the food bye the the giant the giant starts to sniff and once he looked at them they dropped the food and sprinted for the exit climbing down until the reach the ground once they got to the ground layla cut the beanstalk with the kitchen knife she took i am never ever doing that again they both said but there was one thing layla took from the kitchen a gouse egg but not just any gouse egg a golden gouse egg and when it haches it will lay golden eggs.