Green-Eyed Hashira: Muichiro Tokito | Teen Ink

Green-Eyed Hashira: Muichiro Tokito

By jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California
jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California

A Green-Eyed Hashira: Muichiro Tokito. Muichiro confronts his inner turmoil of jealousy, mustering the courage to express a drop of his true feelings as he watches you receive a letter from the snakey Obanai.

The morning sun bathed the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters in a warm glow, casting a serene ambiance over the bustling courtyard. As you made your way through the familiar paths, a small smile played on your lips. Today, you were expecting a letter from Obanai, a fellow Hashira whose stoic demeanor had intrigued you from the moment you joined the Corps.

Unbeknownst to you, Muichiro had caught a glimpse of the letter as you received it, his keen eyes not missing the familiar handwriting. A pang of jealousy struck his heart, an unfamiliar and unsettling sensation. He had never experienced such emotions before, but the sight of you receiving a letter from another Hashira stirred something deep within him.

As you opened the letter, a soft blush dusted your cheeks, your eyes scanning the words with a mix of curiosity and anticipation. Muichiro couldn't help but steal glances at your reaction from a distance, his gaze clouded with a mixture of worry and jealousy.

Unable to bear the unease any longer, Muichiro approached you, his usual calm demeanor slightly faltering. "___," he called out, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

You turned towards him, the letter still clutched in your hand. "Oh, Muichiro! Good morning," you greeted him with a warm smile. "Did you need something?"

Muichiro hesitated for a moment, his gaze flickering to the letter before meeting your eyes. "I couldn't help but notice that you received a letter from Obanai," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper.

A flicker of surprise crossed your face, followed by understanding. "Oh, this?" you said, holding up the letter. "It's just a friendly correspondence. Obanai and I have been exchanging letters about our experiences as Hashiras."

Muichiro's tense expression softened slightly, his jealousy giving way to a mix of relief and curiosity. "I see... So, it's nothing more than that?"

You shook your head, a reassuring smile playing on your lips. "No, Muichiro. I value our friendship, and I value you. The letters are simply a way for us to share knowledge and support each other as comrades."

Muichiro's shoulders relaxed, a weight lifting off his chest. "I'm glad to hear that," he admitted, his voice tinged with a hint of vulnerability. "I… was worried that I might lose you to someone like Obanai."

You stepped closer to him, your hand reaching out to gently touch his arm. "Muichiro, you mean a lot to me. Our bond goes beyond letters or friendships with other Hashiras. You're special to me, and no one else can replace that."

A soft blush crept onto Muichiro's cheeks, his gaze meeting yours with a mix of gratitude and affection. "Thank you, ___," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity. "I care about you too—more than I can express."

At that moment, the tension between you dissolved, replaced by a shared understanding and a newfound closeness. Muichiro's jealousy had brought forth his true feelings, and you were grateful for the opportunity to reassure him and strengthen your connection.

With a gentle smile, you reached out and took his hand, intertwining your fingers.