Just A Normal Day , Right? | Teen Ink

Just A Normal Day , Right?

Looking out the Window, watching the kids play in summer weather. Beautiful flowers, the nice cold breeze sound coming from the creek. I go ahead and start dinner and wait for my husband to get home from work.The dog came scratching at the front door wanting to come inside. We both went into the kitchen and had a seat on the old wooden floor as I watched her eat. Bella and Zack came running inside saying , “Dads home mom,he's home!” “Hey honey how have the kids been today?” said John.”They've been great like always, why don't we eat the amazing supper I have fixed,” Said Mom. After dinner everyone got ready to go to bed and get ready to start the day over again. 

The next morning came along and John went to work and Mom had to get the kids ready to go run some aarons. Mom and the kids headed to town to the grocery store. They all went to eat at their favorite diner. As they were eating she got a call from John.”Hey hunny is everything okay,” said mom.”No you and the kids need to go home and pack and meet me back here at work now,” said John. She didn’t ask any questions and got the kids and went home and packed.

The kids got everything packed and loaded up in the car. As mom was about to drive off. Bella said,” Mom, what about the dog we can’t leave her.” Frustrated mom got out and got the dog and headed to John's work. John runs outside and switches spots and drives off in a hurry.” Hunny what is going on”, said mom.” I can’t explain it but people are getting sick all over and are attacking people, I don’t know what they are but we gotta find somewhere safe,” said John. As they drove out of the city to get away, the radio came on saying, “ everyone find a safe place to stay and board up everything, Stay away from the sick people who are walking slow and can’t talk.Mom said,'' why is this even happening, how are people getting sick and attacking everyone.” “ Maybe we can find other people, and ask, they may know more about it than us' ', said dad.

After driving for hours they found a big building and stopped and hurried into the building."Dad, how long are we going to be staying here? I want to go back home,” said Zack. Dad started to look around and make sure it’s safe. At that moment they all hear a voice saying,” Stop right there or we will shoot.” Mom grabbed both kids in fear. Dad said,'' Don't worry we are not sick trying to find a safe place to stay.” The voice got closer and a man appeared from the shadows.The man looked dad up and down and said,” Y'all don’t know one bit what is happening.” We all looked at eachother confuse.The scary man said,” Those sick people are called zombies,and once they bite you, you're dead forever”. “What do you mean zombies?”said Zack. “It means don’t get close to the sick people or we will become one of them”, said Dad. After the family found out what was actually going on they prepared themselves. They boarded down doors and windows to help and they all went to bed, praying this all would just be a dream. 

John woke up to the sound of the dog barking and went to go find it. As he walks through every room he sees a man just standing there not saying anything.Thinking it was the guy they just met ,he goes up to the man, grabs his shoulder and sees the man covered in blood holding their dog. John, shocked , started to run and the man followed, John knew he had to do something about it. So he takes his gun out and starts shooting at the man. The guy they met came up to help John, and yelled names for the head. John ames for his head and the man drops instantly. He runs backs to his family to tell them what happened and that they have lost the dog. Sadly both kids are sad with tears in their eyes. The people John head met said,” yall can come with us,but we all need to work together and stay close. From that day on John knew him and his family would have to fight for their lives.

A few months later they are still surviving and the kids learn how to survive from the people from the building.They all needed food so they all went out together to gather some food. As they were all walking they heard gunshots. John said,'' RUN.`` At that moment all the Zombies came running towards them. They all run as hard as they can, they hear mom scream and they all look back and see all the zombies heading to her.The kids started to run but John stopped them. He said,'' No yall go on and protect each other, stay close with the people, me and mom will find you , I promise.” Both Bella and Zack ran off and didn't look back.Its been 4 years and they still haven't found their mom and dad.