Esmeralda and Pierre | Teen Ink

Esmeralda and Pierre

By Natitoon GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia
Natitoon GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

I never thought that my life would take such a dramatic turn. My name is Pierre Gringoire, and I am a playwright. I have always been captivated by the magic of the theater, but little did I know that it would lead me to the love of my life, Esmeralda.

Esmeralda was a beautiful and enchanting dancer, with eyes that sparkled like emeralds. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I was smitten. However, fate had a cruel twist in store for us. Esmeralda was accused of a crime she did not commit, and the punishment was death by hanging.

Determined to save my beloved, I hatched a plan. I knew that the only way to rescue her was to infiltrate the prison where she was being held. Disguised in a white theater mask and a black cape, I would become a shadow in the night, fighting for love and justice.

As I made my way through the dark and eerie corridors of the prison, my heart pounded with fear and anticipation. The sound of my own footsteps echoed in my ears, reminding me of the urgency of my mission. I had to find Esmeralda before it was too late.

Finally, I reached her cell. Peering through the iron bars, I saw her sitting alone, her face pale and filled with despair. My heart ached at the sight, and I knew I had to act quickly. With trembling hands, I produced a set of keys I had acquired and unlocked the door.

Esmeralda's eyes widened in surprise as she saw me standing before her. "Pierre?" she whispered, her voice filled with disbelief.

"Yes, my love," I replied, my voice filled with determination. "I have come to save you."

Together, we made our way through the labyrinthine prison, avoiding the guards and staying hidden in the shadows. The air was thick with tension, but our love gave us strength. We were unstoppable.

Finally, we reached the exit, and the cool night air greeted us like a long-lost friend. We ran through the streets, hand in hand, our hearts filled with hope and freedom. We were no longer prisoners of fate; we were free to love and be together.

As the sun began to rise, casting a golden glow over the city, Esmeralda and I found ourselves in a small, secluded garden. We sat on a bench, our fingers intertwined, and watched as the world awakened around us.

"I never thought I would see the light of day again," Esmeralda whispered, her voice filled with gratitude.

"Nor did I," I replied, my voice filled with love. "But love has a way of conquering even the darkest of prisons."

And in that moment, as the first rays of sunlight kissed our faces, I knew that our love would endure any trial. We had faced the depths of despair and emerged stronger than ever. Our love story was just beginning, and together, we would write the most beautiful chapters of our lives.

i like to write