Three men one elevator | Teen Ink

Three men one elevator

By sam weber BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
sam weber BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Denied, no stairway. I guess I’ll have to take the elevator,” said Wayne Campbell.

The elevator doors open Wayne notices that is favorite survival TV show host, Bear Grylls, has found his way onto the elevator along with another familiar face from the channel four news team, the legendary Ron Burgundy.

“Going up?” Ron questioned as Wayne crossed the threshold.

“Party on Ron, you know it.”

Suddenly the elevator comes to an abrupt stop and the lights slowly dim to darkness.
Instantly Bear’s survival instinct kicks in. “We need to builds a fire to stay warm. Does anyone have some flint?”
“Oh my god, I’m trapped in a glass case of emotion!” screamed Ron.
Wayne blurts out, “Yeah actually I do happen to have some flint right here in my back pocket. NOT!”
“Nobody has any flint, what is this amateur hour?!” As Ron panics as he tries taking note of this developing story.
Bear is determined to get the fire going and begins removing his shirt to use as fuel for the fire.
“You’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair,” Ron observed as he wondered if they were ever going to make it out of the elevator alive.
As the hours pass by smoke fills the motionless elevator. The doors eventually do open to reveal to the outside world, three shirtless men sitting Indian style on the floor. Stories have been told and all three men have a smile on their face as they roast mini marshmallows on pencils Ron found in his suit.
“What started as a disaster became a life changing experience for three men in particular today. Reporting live from the elevator where I just honed my survival skills, I’m Ron Burgundy. You stay classy San Diego.”