Glistening Noon Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Glistening Noon Chapter 2

By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky

We're all mad here

On my way home I thought about how my day had gone. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I mean I could of fallen down the steps and had to go to the hospital or worse. I could of lost my way to my classes and be late. I met three people-which is my new record because I’ve never been the one to interact with people my age always younger. I got home and did my homework, told Debbie I was leaving, and walked out the door to my Charger.

I drove to school parking the car next to Miki’s old truck. I rolled down the window and they both got in my car. We drove to San Francisco with the music so loud that we didn’t even talk to each other. When we got to San Francisco Miki made me stop at every McDonalds we drove past. She said it was for “An important reason”
then walked in, coming out with three combo meals and a sundae, which she ate by herself. Finally she stopped eating and I drove towards the mall. I drove in front of a bar and Catherine yelled at me to stop the car. I turned around in my seat to look at her.

“You aren’t going into that bar Catherine.”

“Yes I am-” she got out the car and slammed the door behind her. “and you and Miki are coming with me!” We got out of the car and walked into the bar. Me and Miki looked at each other knowing this had to turn out bad. When we walked in I noticed there were eight kids that looked about my age.

“Catherine. Catherine.” I had to poke her in her arms a couple of times before she turned around.

“ What Claire?! Stop poking me!”

She pulled my arm off her shoulder.

“Who are they?” I pointed to the kids I was talking about.

“Oh. them. Yah, those are two of the Pattinsons.” I remembered the few words that Catherine told me about them. That they were weird. Catherine tapped me to get my attention.

"The boy with Brown hair in the sexy cut is James while the muscular one is Clide. Two of the Pattinson boys they aren't the most popular but still turn heads if you know what i mean. Clide's honey tussled hair is enough to knock the breath out of anone. He plays football with his brothers and i personally think he could go pro."

Clide and James set down their drinks snd looked straight at us. I saw a cop come out of the double doors and instantly gripped Catherine's sleeve.

“C’mon Catherine we should leave. We have school in the morning.”

“But I didn’t get to have any fun!”

“Too bad!” I dragged her out of the bar and Miki followed behind. We got in my car and drove back to Pacifica. I dropped them off at their houses and went to mine. I opened the door and went straight to my room to go sleep. I woke up, did my usual routine in the morning and went to school in my Charger. When I got to school there was a black Mustang in front of me. I had to look closely to see who it was from in the fog but when I saw who I gasped.

They were gorgeous.

A girl with platinum blonde hair,freckles and blue eyes was the first to come out followed by James, Clide and a slender Mexican with curly brown hair and dazzling brown hair.
They looked gorgeous next to all the other people there. They all looked extremely pale except for Logan who looked like she just got back from tanning.
“Cath….Cath…Catherine!” I was out of breath by the time I had reached her. I didn’t even realize I was running. She turned around to look at me shocked.

“What is it? Are you ok?”

“Who are those two girls?"
“Catch your breath Claire.” I paused for a minute then started talking again.

“Wo are those two girls?"
“The blonde is Logan and the Mexican is Maria."

"Oh.” I saw them run and checking my watch I started running too. Mr. David made us watch another film about Pacifica. I didn’t know that so many murders were committed here. I couldn’t imagine anyone like Debbie, so happy and cheery, living here. Class was over and I walked to Lunch by myself. I sat by my two friends and looked around for the Pattinsons. Catherine tapped my shoulder.

“What are you looking for?”

“The Pattinsons.”

“You seem to be looking at the boys.”

“They're gorgeous how can I not.”

“Well I claim James don’t ever forget that.”

“I won't?”

I kept staring and eventually one of them flashed a look and held his eyes on me. It must of been James.

"Why is he staring at me?"

"He must be staring at me." She fluffed her hair

“Why you?"

“I’m hot and rich and from California. You are from Kentucky middle-class and less appealing than me.”

The bell rang and I stormed out the cafeteria from Catherine’s insult. After school I walked into the parking lot towards my car. They were all standing around the Mustang like they were waiting for something to happen. James was playing with Logan’s hair, and Maria and Clide were talking in a low whisper I couldn’t hear. Maria was looking up at the sky then back at her watch repeatedly. A giant raindrop fell on my face.

I saw Maria smile at herself then they all got in the car and drove off but James lingered around for a while still staring at me. I looked into his eyes and he looked away quickly. Looking back into my eyes a little longer he ran off into the woods. I got into my car confused and eyes burning heading to my house. I walked onto the porch and there was a yellow piece of paper with yellow lace trimmings on the door. So Debbie. I took the note off the door and read it.

I need you to go to the store and pick up my blue contacts. Make sure they are blue and not green like last time. Please don’t spend all day there looking for the perfect guy to show up either. If you want to do that then go to a beach.

- Debbie

Chapter two