Captain N: Issue #2 | Teen Ink

Captain N: Issue #2

By The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin
The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Issue #2

Page 1
Panel 1
1.
Exactly the same as the last panel from the first issue.
Max
“And just who are you supposed to be?”
Page 2
Panel 1
1.
Close-Up of a shocked Kevin and Pac-Man.
Panel 2
2.
Max has squinted his eyes, he looks annoyed.
Max
“…”
Panel 3
3.
Same as Panel 1
Panel 4
4.
Same as Panel 2, only Max looks even more annoyed.
Max
“’Ahem!’”
Panel 5
5.
Same as Panel 1
Panel 6
6.
Max looks downright irate.
Max
“HEY! Are you guys stupid or something!?!”
Page 3
Panel 1
1.
Kevin and Pac-Man have snapped out of it and have started rolling around the floor, screaming, laughing, the reader is not really sure just what they’re doing exactly.
Kevin
“Ah! Ah! Ah! I thought-“
Pac-Man
“We were gonna die!”
Kevin
“I know, right?”
Pac-Man
“Holy Moly! And then-“
Kevin
“I know! Just like that! Poof!”
Panel 2
2.
Max is looking at the readers, looking exasperated with the screaming Pac-Man and Kevin behind him.
Max
Thought Bubble: “Idiots! They’re both Idiots!”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin is looking at Pac-Man with an exhilarated look on his face. In the background, we see Max turn back to facing Kevin and Pac-Man with a surprised look on his face.
Kevin
“Wow, Pac-Man, I just have to say-“
Panel 4
4.
Now there’s a close-up of Max’s surprised face.
Max
“Wait! Did you just say Pac-Man?”
Panel 5
5.
Kevin and Pac-Man look up at Max, looking surprised.
Kevin
“Huh? Yeah, his name is Pac-Man. Do you know who he is?”
Panel 6
6.
Close-Up of Max, looking shocked. He’s whispering something under his breath.
Max
“The first hero.”
Panel 7
7.
Kevin and Pac-Man are looking up at Max, confused. Max looks relaxed.
Kevin
“What?”
Max
“Why don’t you two come on up-“
Page 4
Panel 1
1.
Distant shot of Kevin, Pac-Man, and Max sitting around an abandoned campfire area, with the barren wasteland around them.
2.
Text-Box: “-I think we have a lot to talk about.”
Panel 2
3.
Now a close-up of the three of them talking.
Kevin
“And that’s when we ran into you. We both don’t know what’s going on or where we are…”
Pac-Man
“All we can remember is our names.”
Panel 3
4.
Max is looking bored. He’s definitely been listening, but he looks like he only partially cares. He’s sitting cross-legged and has his arms crossed. His eyes are closed.
Max
“Mm-hm”
Panel 4
5.
Kevin and Pac-Man are looking at Max, expectant of answers.
Pac-Man
“So? Can you help us find out some answers?”
Panel 5
6.
Now Max has uncrossed his arms and opened his eyes. He’s got a smug grin on.
Max
“Better than that, I can tell you everything that’s going on. And everything about you, Pac-Man.”
Panel 6
7.
Now focus on Kevin, who’s looking expectantly at Max.
Kevin
“And me? Can you give me any answers about myself?”
Panel 7
8.
Same panel, but Max is frowning and Kevin looks disappointed.
Max
“Sorry buddy, but I have no idea who you are or what you’re doing here.”
Page 5
Panel 1
1.
It’s one of those panels where it begins with a person’s face, but then half of their face “melts” into a new background as they begin telling a story. In this case, Max’s face leads to a picture of a younger Pac-Man rubbing his head in pain as another pac-man figure with a mustache looks over him.
Max
“Well Pac-Man, you were originally a nobody. There were a bunch of people just like you that lived on this planet, you weren’t special. These people were plagued by another group of people here, the Ghosts. To defend themselves, these “pac-people” I guess you could call them, had these magic pixels that were like power-ups to them. But not everyone could master them, so those that could were taken at a young age to train themselves. You were chosen, but so were a bunch of others, so that wasn’t what made you special.”
Panel 2
2.
Now show a picture of Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde gathered around a glowing, magic circle-diagram. They look evil.
3.
Text-Box: “ You managed to show that you were different when these four ghosts, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde made an attempt to gain ultimate power.”
Panel 3
4.
Now show a slightly older Pac-Man standing defiant amongst a group of frightened pac-people.
5.
Text-Box: “All of the best fighters of the pac-people were useless against those Ghosts, but even at a young age you refused to give up. You volunteered to fight against them alone, with just some magic pixels to bring along with you. Even though it was a stupid idea, you refused to be denied, and eventually they let you go off to fight the 4 Ghosts.”
Panel 4
6.
Now show the young Pac-Man sneaking behind a bush looking towards a cave which has the ghosts in it.
7.
Text-Box: “You found the Ghosts’ lair, and managed to sneak your way close to it.”
Page 6
Panel 1
1.
Show young Pac-Man creeping towards the Ghosts’ magic circle, as the Ghosts themselves sleep around him.
2.
Text-Box: “Then, when the Ghosts had fallen asleep, you crept towards their magic circle, the one that had given them power…”
Panel 2
3.
Show young Pac-Man standing above the center of the magic circle, now glowing, as he places a magic pixel in its center.
4.
Text-Box: “…and placed a magic pixel into its center, absorbing all of its power.”
Panel 3
5.
Show Pac-Man beating up the Ghosts. You can make it as fun and silly as you want.
6.
Text-Box: “After that, the Ghosts were easy pickings.”
Panel 4
7.
Show Pac-Man surrounded by Mrs. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., and a crowd of adoring pac-people.
8.
Text-Box: “Then you went back home to your adoring public, settled down, got married, had a kid, and continued to knock down those four Ghosts every time they got back up.”
Panel 5
9.
Show a portrait of Pac-Man as some shining ideal, like a picture of superman where he looks up at the sky “For Tomorrow!” (If this confuses you, just ask me to explain in better detail)
10.
Text-Box: ”You became known as the first hero of Arcadia, and later, of the whole Paichnidian galaxy.”
Page 7
Panel 1
1.
Show Kevin, looking confused at Max while Max looks angrily at Kevin
Kevin
“Wait, Paichnidian? What is that, a laundry detergent?”
Max
“Hey! I’d like to see you come up with something better!”
Panel 2
2.
Kevin is giving Max a strange look, while Max looks even angrier.
Kevin
“Yeeeeaahh. Somehow I don’t think that that’d be too hard.”
Max
“Do you want me to give you answers or not!?!”
Panel 3
3.
Now Kevin has the bored look on his face. Max is doing his best to calm down.
Kevin
“Yeah, sure.”
Max
“Fine! Thank you!”
Panel 4
4.
Pac-Man looks concerned, and interrupts Max and Kevin.
Pac-Man
“Wait.”
Max
“Hm?”
Panel 5
5.
Close-Up of Pac-Man’s face. He’s been thinking about what Max said, and it doesn’t seem to please him.
Pac-Man
“You said that I had a family, a wife and a child. Please, where are they now?”
Panel 6
6.
Max gives Pac-Man an almost shocked look, like “You mean you don’t know”?
Page 8
Panel 1
1.
Same panel, but now Max says something.
Max
“They’re dead, Pac-Man. They’ve been dead for centuries.”
Panel 2
2.
Pac-Man gasps and starts crying. Kevin rushes a re-assuring hand towards Pac-Man.
3.
SFX: “Gasp” and “Sob”
Panel 3
4.
Kevin tries to comfort Pac-Man
Kevin
“I’m sorry Pac-Man, I-“
Panel 4
5.
A distraught Pac-Man brushes aside Kevin’s hand.
Pac-Man
“No! Blast it, I’m not crying because they’re gone! It’s because…”
Panel 5
6.
Close-Up of crying Pac-Man.
Pac-Man
“It’s because…I don’t remember anything about them…so I feel…NOTHING! And that kills me inside…knowing that I had a family, but knowing nothing, and feeling nothing, about them!”
Page 9
Panel 1
1.
An angry Kevin turns towards Max.
Kevin
“You said that Pac-Man’s family has been dead for centuries, so why isn’t he dead? More importantly, why doesn’t he remember them?”
Panel 2
2.
A nonchalant Max looks at Kevin and answers his question.
Max
“To answer that question, I should probably tell you about this world, Arcadia.”
Panel 3
3.
Show the planet of Arcadia.
4.
Text-Box(s):” In the Paichnidian galaxy, there are a bunch of different planets, all inhabited, and way too numerous for me to list them all. This was the first planet to produce life, and the first planet of the Paichnidian Confederation, which governs all of these planets. The people that live here are known as Arcades, because of our planet, Arcadia. We were most famous for you, Pac-Man, our fleet of Galaga fighters, and Tetris City, which was our global capital city.”
Page 10
Panel 1
1.
Now show missiles blowing everything up.
2.
Text-Box: “Then one day…”
3.
Text-Box: “Some one screwed up at Missile Command.”
Panel 2
4.
Show Tetris City in ruins.
5.
Text-Box: “Some idiot pushed the wrong button or something, and our planet was left in ruins.”
Panel 3
6.
Show people constructing something big.
7.
Text-Box: “Of Course, the ‘enterprising’ people of the Confederation used this as an excuse to start constructing giant prisons…”
Panel 4
8.
Show the original, evil Donkey Kong in shackles being pushed by prison wardens towards a door labeled “Deposit Area”.
9.
Text-Box: “…In which only the most dangerous criminals were held.”
Page 11
Panel 1
1.
Show Max telling his story, he looks very bitter.
Max
“Of course, the feds never asked us how we felt about it. They probably figured we were used to giant prisons on our planet. They didn’t even stay to help with the Centipedes when they started crawling out of the radioactive rubble, they just came in, dumped us with all of their problems, and left. “
Panel 2
2.
Just show Max looking down at the ground. His bitterness is very obvious.
Panel 3
3.
Now Max is looking back up and continuing his story.
Max
“So yeah, now Arcadia is a barren wasteland, with prisons covering most of the land, and Centipedes living everywhere else. There’s no way off of this rock, because officially no one’s supposed to still live here, so there’s no government contact. If you’re trying to get out of here, then that’s next to impossible.”
Panel 4
4.
Now Max has stood up and is looking down at Kevin and Pac-Man.
Max
“As to why Pac-Man can’t remember anything, or as to why he’s still alive…”
Panel 5
5.
Show Pac-Man bidding farewell to Mrs. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., and a crowd of pac-people that are all surrounding the giant, black Building that we saw in issue #1.
6.
Text-Box(s): “Centuries ago, when your family and friends were all still alive, he put the 4 Ghosts into a giant prison so that they wouldn’t cause any more destruction. It was supposed to trap them in a sort of limbo; someplace immune to time. He put himself in the prison as well, so that he could mold the prison himself to make sure that the Ghosts didn’t get out. The prison was supposed to dissolve when the Ghosts had either died or been driven to a point where they wouldn’t be a threat. That way Pac-Man could get out.”
Page 12
Panel 1
1.
Now Max is looking at Pac-Man with an almost relieved expression.
Max
“Of course, since you’re finally out, I assume that the prison has dissolved?”
Panel 2
2.
Show a close-up of Pac-Man with an “oh crap” look on his face.
Pac-Man
“Um…uh…well…”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin butts in.
Kevin
“Uh, the prison didn’t dissolve.”
Panel 4
4.
Show Max, confused.
Max
“But…how did you get out?”
Panel 5
5.
Kevin has pulled out the Wii-mote from his pocket. Both he and Pac-Man are starting to look concerned.
Kevin
“Um, we opened a door. With this.”
Panel 6
6.
Max has gone white with fear.
Max
“A door!?! Did you close it!?!?”
Page 13
Panel 1
1.
Kevin and Pac-Man are starting to realize what they’ve just done.
Pac-Man
“Uh……..no.”
Panel 2
2.
Max has grabbed Kevin and looks like he’s about to kill him.
Max
“YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU’VE JUST DONE!?!?!?!”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin is trying to calm down Max, but it isn’t working.
Kevin
“Whoa, hey. We had no idea-“
Max
“No you listen! Those Ghosts are going to sublimate whatever pathetic remains of this planet there are. But not before they release everyone that’s also imprisoned here! You’ve just doomed this planet to a second apocalypse!”
Panel 4
4.
Max has shoved Kevin into the dirt and is shaking in anger.
Max
“My god, I should strangle you both right here and now, if we weren’t all going to die anyway!”
Panel 5
5.
Kevin is looking up at Max, desperately trying to cling on to hope.
Kevin
“Wait! I mean, Pac-Man’s defeated them before, right? They shouldn’t be that much of a threat right?”
Page 14
Panel 1
1.
Max is looking down at Kevin in fury.
Max
“Aren’t you curious as to why Pac-Man chose to imprison the Ghosts at that particular time? Huh? It’s because those Ghosts had were about to use another magic circle, a very special one. This one was literally going to split Arcadia in half!”
Panel 2
2.
Pac-Man is standing up to Max.
Pac-Man
“What?!? That’s stupid! Wouldn’t they die with the planet as well?”
Panel 3
3.
Now Max has turned his anger on Pac-Man.
Max
“No, because they’d absorb the power of the entire planet, and then they’d practically be gods.”
Panel 4
4.
Kevin has gotten up and is now arguing.
Kevin
“But what about the prisoners you said they’d release? Sure they’re psychos, but don’t you think they’d protest to the idea of getting blown up with the planet?”
Panel 5
5.
Max is now looking coldly at Kevin.
Max
“It’s the power of an entire planet. There’s plenty to go around.”
Page 14
Panel 1
1.
Big shot of Kevin and Pac-Man standing silent in their realization, as Max just looks scornfully at them both.
Panel 2
2.
Kevin is slumped over, so you don’t see his face, but he sighs, and Max turns towards him, curious as to what he’ll say next.
3.
SFX: “Sigh”
Max
“What?”
Panel 3
4.
Close-Up of Kevin’s face, which is now in view. He’s serious and ready for business.
Kevin
“So what do we do?”
Panel 4
5.
Max is giving Kevin an “are you stupid?” look.
Max
“Weren’t you listening? There’s nothing we can do!”
Panel 5
6.
Kevin is looking Max squarely in the face. He’s not messing around.
Kevin
“I don’t believe that.”
Page 15
Panel 1
1.
Close-Up of Max’s face. He sees how serious Kevin is, and that kind of hope doesn’t make sense to him.
Max
“Huh?”
Panel 2
2.
Close-Up of Kevin, he has a plan.
Kevin
“You said that Pac-Man’s defeated these guys before. So all we have to do is put them back in their prison and seal the whole thing up before they release anyone.”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin now turns to Pac-Man.
Kevin
“Pac-Man, I need you to help take these guys down again. Can you do it?”
Pac-Man
“Huh?”
Panel 4
4.
Close-Up of Pac-Man. He seems very unsure of himself right now.
Pac-Man
“I-I don’t- I mean, it’s been a really long time and-“
Panel 5
5.
Close-Up of Kevin’s face. It’s the face of a hero, a hero that’s dead serious right now.
Panel 6
6.
Now show Pac-Man’s face, he looks nervous and unsure.
Panel 7
7.
Pac-Man’s face again, but now it’s also ready for business.
Pac-Man
“Yes, I’ll do it.”
Page 16
Panel 1
1.
Now Max butts in.
Max
“Hold on! Sure, you’ve got a plan. Find them before they do any harm, put them back in their cage, close the door, blah blah blah. But how are you gonna find them! They could be anywhere by now what with the time we spent talking! They could already have released some prisoners! There’s no way that you can find them in enough time to do your insane plan!”
Panel 2
2.
Kevin is looking confidently at Max. Max still looks skeptical.
Kevin
“I wouldn’t say that.”
Max
“What? Why?”
Panel 3
3.
Show Kevin putting his hand in his pocket to pull something out.
Kevin
“I don’t know why, but I feel strangely confident…”
Panel 4
4.
Close-Up of Kevin’s hand out of his pocket and holding the Wii-mote.
Kevin
“That this thing does a lot more than just open doors.”
Page 17
Panel 1
1.
Show the interior of a spaceship. This is the ship’s bridge. It’s triangular-shaped, with the pointy end at the front. Near the back there’s a large desk, with a holographic monitor and buttons; this is the pilot’s area. There are three seats near the front for other people to sit on, and at the very front is the window where we see the space outside. Princess Lana is sitting at the pilot’s area, while Simon Belmont stands nearby, arms crossed and mouth closed. Mega Man and Pit are sitting in two of the chairs, fidgeting because they’re young boys with short attention spans.
2.
Text-Box: Meanwhile, somewhere in space.
Panel 2
3.
Show Princess Lana reclining back in her chair. She looks exhausted.
Lana
“’Sigh’ I think we finally lost them.”
Panel 3
4.
A holographic, 8-bit face pops up on the holographic screen. It’s NES, and Lana doesn’t seem very happy to see him.
NES
“Of course, dear princess. Didn’t I tell you to trust me?”
Lana
“Ugh, yes NES. I never should’ve doubted you. Do you enjoy being smug and annoying?”
Page 18
Panel 1
1.
Show NES’s face on the screen. He’s got a smug grin on his face.
NES
“I’m a holographic face that’s fully aware of the fact that I’m nothing more than a data-file. That’s a very chilling thought. I have to get my jollies somewhere.”
Panel 2
2.
Princess Lana is groaning and pressing her temples. She’s exhausted, and NES’s attitude isn’t helping.
Lana
“Simon, unplug NES please.”
Panel 3
3.
Simon emotionlessly moves towards the desk. NES is freaking out.
Simon
“I protect and serve.”
NES
“HUH? Wait a minute, hey, come on, don’t! SIMON! Don’t you dare! Please? Wait a-“
Panel 4
4.
Now some of the panels on the holographic screen are lighting up red. NES is now even more worried.
NES
“Wait! I’m getting a message! Really! It’s for the Royal Guard!”
Panel 5
5.
Simon has stopped and Lana is looking up, surprised.
Lana
“The Royal Guard? But Mother Brain took over that when she took over the government.”
Panel 6
6.
NES is looking smug again, as he recants his many skills.
NES
“Please, Princess, I can hack any message that pus-filled thing gets without it ever noticing easily!”
Page 19
Panel 1
1.
Simon doesn’t have any time for NES’s self-glorification. He’s always dour.
Simon
“NES, what does it say?”
Panel 2
2.
NES may be annoying, but he knows when to do his job. He recants the contents of the message.
NES
“It says there’s been a prison break over at Arcadia. It’s calling for the Royal Guard to come over and put it down. That really stinks, considering that we were gonna go there to hide from Mother Brain. Now what do we do?”
Panel 3
3.
Lana doesn’t hesitate to do the right thing.
Lana
“We continue to Arcadia and stop the prison break.”
Panel 4
4.
NES isn’t that noble, and he freaks.
NES
“What!?! Are you crazy? That’s exactly where Mother Brain’s forces will be going!”
Lana
“I know. We’ll just stop the prison break and get out of there before they arrive.”
Panel 5
5.
NES is still pleading for the pragmatic option, but Lana cuts him off.
NES
“But-“
Lana
“NES, I’m the royal princess. I have to fix whatever problems there are in my kingdom, even if it puts me at risk. Are you all with me?”
Panel 6
6.
Simon stands dourly with his arms crossed.
Simon
“I protect and serve.”
Page 20
Panel 1
1.
Lana turns to where Mega Man and Pit are sitting.
Lana
“And you two?”
Panel 2
2.
Show Pit and Mega Man sitting in there chairs. Pit has his arms crossed and looks like he has to do some kind of chore, while Mega Man smiles shyly and looks eager to help.
Pit
“Palutena says I have to protect you.”
Mega Man
“Dr. Light said to help you if anything happened to him, and Mother Brain’s got him in prison. So I’m helping you.”
Panel 3
3.
Lana turns to NES now.
Lana
“Well then, keep on course, NES.”
NES
“Yeah, fine.”
Panel 4
4.
Lana takes her place at her seat.
Lana
“Alright then.”
Panel 5
5.
Show the spaceship from the outside as it rockets through space. It’s essentially the ship from Galaxian in 3-D
6.
Text-Box: “Let’s go.”

Here's the second issue, I hope you all enjoy. Again, please tell me what you think.