Gringle Gingerfoot | Teen Ink

Gringle Gingerfoot

Mr. and Mrs. Gingerfoot are two gingerbread people who wanted to adopt a gingerboy. Mr. Gingerfoot was a gum drop doctor. Remember this now. Mrs. Gingerfoot was a gingerbread landscaper. It was Monday morning when they had decided to adopt a gingerboy.
By Thursday they had found the perfect gingerboy. He was sick, but they insisted that he would be better by Saturday. And so they took the little gingerboy home and made him some soup and made up his bedroom. By that time they had found out his name. His name was Gringle gummy. Mr. Gingerfoot took a look at him and asked him what hurt. Gringle said that his gum drops hurt. So Mr. Gingerfoot told him to eat some chocolate covered cherries and that would help significantly.
By Saturday morning he was feeling much better, but now his lips hurt he described the pain to his new dad. Mr. Gingerfoot said he had melting lips (because of all the soup he had in the last few days) Mr. Gingerfoot asked Mrs. Gingerfoot to run to the store an get some red whips (red vines). Mrs. Gingerfoot did as she was told and quickly left to get some red whips. When she had returned Mr. Gingerfoot had already started to remove the old melted lips. As soon as the old lips were off the new lips were on. And finally for once little Gringle felt loved.
Soon it would be Christmas. And it was a tradition to go to the yearly center of town Christmas tree lighting. Gringle had never been to the Christmas tree lighting because he was always locked up in the adoption place.
It was finally Christmas eve and Mr. and Mrs. Gingerfoot had just went to bed along with Gringle, when they all heard the sound of hoofs and then a sleigh landing on their roof. All was quiet in the Gingerfoots house they finally heard ginger clause coming down the chimney. Suddenly Mrs. Gingerfoot sat straight up in bed a said I forgot to put the fire out!!!!!! When she said ‘fire out’ she heard a yelp and a cry. Mrs. Gingerfoot could not let ginger clause suffer so terribly. So she hurried to the aid of ginger clause. First she put out the fire. Then she pulled him into the living room. Pretended not to see him and hurried to her room and quickly fell asleep.
In the morning she was a woken to the sound of her son and her husband laughing together in the hall. She came out and asked what was so funny? They said that Ginger clause wrote a note to who ever helped him out of the chimney, and it said thank you and he asked them to next time not light a fire before going to bed, and to widen the chimney so he would be able to get down more easily. Thank you ginger clause. Mrs. Gingerfoot snickered and ordered every one down stairs to eat some breakfast and try to guess what the gifts were. For breakfast they had ginger snaps and kumquat juice (orange juice). And then while Mrs. Gingerfoot cleaned the dishes and got dressed, Mr. Gingerfoot and Gringle tried to guess the gifts.
Mrs.Gingerfoot finally came downstairs and announced that it was time to open gifts. Mrs. Gingerfoot got some china plates, Mr. Gingerfoot got some new socks, and little gringle got a toy fire engine and some new really cool clothes. The Gingerfoot family later went and saw some relatives that live close by, went on a nice long walk, and went to the park.
Then the family went to sleep exhausted.
A few weeks later the family went and purchased a dog named Timion. The little Gringle loved the dog. Gringle took Timion everywhere he could. On new years day Gringle went with his parents to go school clothes shopping. Gringle was so excited that he for got to tie up little Timion in the backyard. See this is a very big problem. The Gingerfoot family doesn’t have their fence put up yet. When little Gringle got home he realized that Timion was gone. Gringle went and told his parents, and they set up a search and rescue. They eventually found him he had been hit by a car. Gringle cried out in sadness. And he cried like he had only loved timion and this was terrible. Mrs. Gingerfoot led gringle to the car and told him to stay their, so he did.
A few weeks after the loss of Timion Mrs. Gingerfoot suggested getting a new puppy. And after some negotiating with Mr. Gingerfoot they decided that they would first put up a 5 ft fence and they would buy a beagle and a miniature pincher, both were to be puppies so that they could train them to stay at the house if they ever got out. Every one agreed to buy only pure-breed puppies they also decided to buy the puppies on a Monday after school and work.
The day finally came, all that gringle could talk about was how he was going to get 2 puppies. When he got home his mom and dad were both there. Soon after coming into the house he saw 2 puppies. His mom said that he could name them the mini pincher was a boy that had been fixed because they had bought the dog from a family of all fixed dogs except for the mommy and daddy dogs. And the beagle was a girl the girl dog was from the same type of family all fixed except the mommy and daddy.
The beagle was named Tara and the mini pincher was named after Timion and was named Time. So it was, the dogs were named Tara and Time. A few years later the child and dogs were inseparable.
Later on into gringle’s life he meets a pretty ginger gal, her name is Galley Gumball. She was a very pretty ginger gal and mom as he called Mrs. Gingerfoot was very jealous of Galley. Every one knows that she only wants the best for gringle. After they are dating for 4 years they are married. They 3 years later have Molly and 5 years after that they have Bryce. And they lived happily ever after! PS: the dogs still live!! And the training was successful. THE END

LastChapter said...
LastChapter, Hempstead, New York

(couldn't think of anything better at the time) "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

i thought it kind of dragged on for a bit. it was nice, but it didn't have any BAM! it was just the life of some adopted gingerbread who found a family who loved him and a dog who liked to get run over. you should consider adding a climax somewhere.

Aitana Libreros BRONZE, West New York, New Jersey
very nice. i love it. it's original and very inventive. just some typo-s but other than that keep writting!! :)