Shadowhunting Love Part 3 | Teen Ink

Shadowhunting Love Part 3

By Girlonfire12 SILVER, Keyport, New Jersey
Girlonfire12 SILVER, Keyport, New Jersey

"Hunger Games Are Amazing"

The next morning was very complicated. Ceil wanted to get answers right away, but I needed to think about it. My words got stuck in my mouth, never could I tell him my true intention. Why is my life so difficult? Love and happiness seem to be on two different pages in the tragic story. They turn by so fast, they seem to blur, but they never blur together. A knock at the door snaps me out of my trance. Smoothing my white nightgown and my fraying braid I announce

"Come in"

My voice comes out quiet and strained, not like mine at all. As I sway on my heels, the door creaks open. I gasp it's my superior Madame Solie.

"Why are you here? This is my mission." I questioned

"To check your progress, my dear Caitlin" she answered crisply

"Well I'm fine, it's just going to take some more time" I answer shaking

"Very well you have three months to find a solution" she answers, then disappears

That's when I fainted and crashed to the floor. I awake unaware of my surroundings. Ceil is in the corner asleep and Sebastian is nowhere in sight, he was most likely outside pacing. I realize I'm in Ceil's room. Not by choice I imagine, then I remembered I was visited by my superior and had fainted after her depart. Ceil looks peaceful as he sleeps, I rise to go over to him, but I realize I'm still only in my nightgown. I rush from his quarters, still a bit dizzy to my own room. I pick out a royal purple gown and slide it on over my gear. Once dressed I strap on my black combat boots, then I hesitantly return to Ceil.

I decide to show him my sense of humor, I put my face inches from his and whisper in his ear

"Ceil, Ceil ,Ceil"

His breath tickles my face, as his eyes flutter open. He screams in surprise and then smiles as I fall to the floor in a fit of laughter.

"I'm glad your ok, Cait" huffs Ceil

"Why wouldn't I be, your here" I smile, so clique

He smiles genuinely, pleased by my comment. His birthday was in two days, December 14. Something is wrong today everything is quiet and still, too quiet and still. Ceil's birthday was the day, he was witness to the burning and murder of the original Phantomhive manor and his parents. I wanted to make it special, to make him forget. Wait, his betrothed is coming on his birthday. I'm defiantly screwed if she sees me and Ceil like this.

"Can you please explain now Cait?" he questions

"I couldn't find the words to do so, I'm sorry Ceil" I sob

Wait one minute am I really crying? I never truly cry. I found it pointless really to cry, it's not going to bring them back.

"Don't cry, I may not understand but I can try" he says sympathetic

Really he trying, maybe I should tell him the truth.

"Ok it'll be a birthday gift from me" I answer

He looks disturbed and yet surprised and then he nods.

"I can wait two days, for you Cait I'd wait forever"

Oh my god that was the most clique answer ever I thought. As I smile, I still feel wretched and that I betrayed his trust.

As I rise and leave the room, I feel Ceil watching me leave. As I walk out, Sebastian walks in he winks at me and I gasp in surprise. I rush down the hallway to my room. Opening my trunk and checking my weapons, good he didn't find them. Sebastian knows something, and I need to find out what. As I pack my weapons away, I tuck my stele into my gear under my dress. I'm going demon hunting around London. I just need to get my mind off Ceil. As I walk the streets, people bustle around bends and in out of stores. As I round another corner I find myself in an ally. Demon I think as black shadows fall off the wall. They rose each of the seven at least six feet in height, they watched me with their beady red eyes. I pull my stele from my belt and smile this is the most relaxing thing I've done since I've arrived. The first demon lunges at me, I get serious, I name my stele

"Michael"

It blazes to life vibrating with power in my hands.

"It's been a long time old friend" I whisper

I rush toward the lunging demon, my stele raised as I slice the demon's head from it's body. It flops on the ground like a fish out of water and then disappears back to it's own dimension. The other six rush toward me to avenge their fallen friend.

"Six against one that hardly seems fair, for you." I call to the rushing demons.

As I slice them to bots with my stele, they shrivel and disappear. The last demon stands before me missing two legs and oozing ichor. To end this I stand firm as it rushes toward me lopsided. I aim my stele at it's black hole of a heart. It shrieks in surprise and I'm sprayed with a burst of ichor. I watch the demon dissolve as I clean my stele. Then I carve iratze into my arm to heal my wounds. My dress is covered in my blood and ichor or what's left of it. Most of the hem is now in shreds, fluttering in the slight December breeze. I need to get back in with out being seen, if Ceil saw me like this, the horror I would feel. As I leap into my open window, Pluto the demon dog barks at me. Shhhh I hiss at him and he falls silent. As I change I start to feel better, at least I made the city a little safer from demons.