The mystery box | Teen Ink

The mystery box

By Josh Gray BRONZE, Bilings, Montana
Josh Gray BRONZE, Bilings, Montana

The Mystery box

It was a strange morning, when I woke up. To find a couple knocks on my front door. As my feet wander my body follows over them and once I reach the door; I look outside not seeing anyone. I open the door to check if anything was left outside. There was and it was a small black box with my name carved on it. I pick the box off of the ground and as I do that a knife comes flying at me. As I dodged the knife I ran inside and tossed the box onto to the couch.
While I hide behind the couch. Once I have notice the coast had been cleared. I get up and move to sitting on the couch. While I sit there I reach down to grab the box and set it on the table wondering what this mysterious box could be. I slowly start to open it….
As I start to open it, a sound of a ticking clock starts to come out of the box. Making think is this a bomb but I had a view of it I saw what could be a picture and what looks like a weapon. As my mind questions this I notice the picture has a date and time on the front of it and left an axe lays next to the picture. While I sit on the couch I start to inspect the objects. When I find out there are instructions on the back of the photo I start to read. It said,” if you don’t take out this target by June 17, 2014. We will find someone close to you at take it away.”
When I awakened the morning I headed down to the bank with the axe and the picture to find out where in the bank he worked. Finding him back behind on of the bank counters. I ask him if he could show me around. Which he did and he led me into a secret room only he knew about. Once we enter the room I pulled out the picture and asked if he knew about this. He said ”I do, but I cant help you cause I got to do the same.” He threw the picture onto the ground and darted out of the room. Soon he left the bank and I asked one of his co-workers to leave him a note about a place to meet the next day.
It was the day of June 17th, when I found the banker in park. Two hours to spare and one chance to hit him with a clean hit. As my arm drops back to the throwing position, I release it forward with it landed in man’s shoulder and him trying to run. I go tackle him and rip the axe out of his arm and hit him again. Leaving the sight with the picture and the axe. Almost home when I find the one thing that started this mess in my car.

This is based of a tv show I was watching.