The Underwater Adventure | Teen Ink

The Underwater Adventure

The Underwater Adventure
As the Mystery Inc. were on a boat in the middle of the ocean looking for the mathematical sea monster that everyone in town has been so afraid of, Velma is looking over the edge of the boat staring deeply into the dark ocean. “I cannot see anything under this ocean water” says Velma. Sally McKnight, lead singer in The Hex girls who just happened to be with them, then says, “then just get a closer look.” Sally then pushes Velma a little and her glasses fall off of her face into the ocean. “My glasses my glasses! You made me drop my glasses Daphne!” “I am so sorry Velma. How about you just go for a little swim in the ocean and while you are add go and get your glasses.” Then Sally pushes Velma off of the boat.

Velma falls deep into the ocean all the way into an underwater city. Velma quickly realizes that she cannot breath for long and takes out her secret oxygen tank and suit. She quickly puts it on and starts to walk. As she is walking she sees a sign that says “Welcome to Bikini Bottom.” “Bikini Bottom huh?” Then she passes it and walks into the city. “Wow this place is amazing!” says Velma. “Even though I can hardly see.”

She continues to look for her glasses and then sees a big pink starfish. “Twinkle twinkle Patrick Star! I made myself a sandwich lala….what was I doing again?” says Patrick who seems to be wearing Velma’s glasses. “Excuse me sir, but I think you have my glasses” says Velma. “What? These?” Patrick points to the glasses. Velma then nods. “Oh. Here.” Patrick hands her glasses to her. “Why thank you.” Velma starts to walk away when she notices Patrick’s math problems are nowhere near right. “Do you need help sir?” Patrick looks down and says, “with what? Oh! This silly Language Arts work does not make any sense!” Velma looks at him a bit puzzled. “It is math, that is why.”

Patrick looks at her. “No. It is definitely not that. I mean look at all the words!” “Those are numbers…” “You think you are all smart just because you know this happens to be math, don’t you?” Velma shakes her head quickly. “Do you need help then?” Patrick slowly nods his head.

After hours struggling with the math, Patrick finally understands. “Thank you Velma!” “Wait. How do you know my name?” asks Velma. “The Mystery Inc. is very popular down here. You look exactly like Velma.” “Oh haha.” As they are laughing they hear loud stomping suddenly there is a huge monster wearing glasses and a shirt that says “Mathematical Genius.” “Roar! Somebody battle me in a mathematical Battle NOW!!!” roars the monster. “No thank you” says Patrick. “Well what if I stomp my giant foot?!” The monster then stomps his foot causing Velma’s glasses to fall off. “My glasses my glasses! I can’t find my glasses!”

The monster looks at her and picks her up along with her glasses and puts her in his mouth. “Hey! Give her back!” yells Patrick. “Then battle me! Even though I am sure you will never win, but it is still worth the effort, especially to get your precious friend back.” Patrick stares at him and agrees to battle with the mathematical monster. Then all of a sudden a math judge appears with math questions. “Alright everyone I want a clean mathematical battle! Is everyone ready?” They both nod. “Okay! First question! What is two plus two?” There was silence for a few minutes when the monster screams “four!” “Correct! One point of six for the monster here.”

Five questions passes and Patrick and the monster are in a tie. “Now for the final question! What is the square root of 15,284,964?” Patrick starts to sweat and the monster becomes a bit nervous as well. “Come on! I know you can do it! Just do what I taught you” Velma says from the monster’s stomach. “Okay!” Patrick starts to dance and sing and then it finally comes to him. “Jinkies!” he yells. “There you go” says Velma. “The answer is 3909.598947” yells the monster. “Incorrect! It is all yours Patrick.” “The answer is 3909.598956!” The judge smiles and says “That is correct. The winner is Patrick Star of Bikini Bottom.”

Patrick jumps up and down. “Where is my prize? I hope it is a can of beans!” “No…it is your friend that I ate!” “Who?” asks Patrick. “Me!” yells Velma. “Oh! Har har har! Okay!” The monster does weird moves and Velma pops out of the monster along with her glasses. “Thank you so much” says Velma. After a few minutes they see the Mystery Inc. “There you are Velma and there is the monster!” says Fred. Then he climbs the monster and unmasks the monster. They all say “Dusk from the Hex Girls?!” “Yes and I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for you meddling kids!” They all laugh and the Mystery Inc. leaves and everything is back to normal. “So what did you do today Patrick while I was away?” asks Spongebob. “Nothing” says Patrick with a smile.