-IDEAS TO SAVE- | Teen Ink

-IDEAS TO SAVE-

By FrostyPines BRONZE, Draper, Utah
FrostyPines BRONZE, Draper, Utah

You know what I like about our friends? We say things like "We're gonna douse you in ant pheromones" and they're just like "Okay, whatever." They're so cool.

Ch1– Awake/Flowey
Ch2- Toriel
Ch3- The Ruins/Sans
Ch4- Papyrus
Ch5- Snowdin

CH1-Awake
    Dipper came to at the bottom of a long drop. Mabel stirred weakly beside him. He looked up. He could see the distant point of light that was the surface they had come from. How had they survived that fall?
    Mabel groaned. Dipper looked over at her, worried, but she didn’t seem to be hurt. Her blue and purple striped seater wasn’t even torn or dirty. She opened her eyes.
    “Dipper? Wh- where are we?” she said, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.
    “I don’t know,” Dipper said, looking around as he helped her to her feet. “Somewhere underground, I think.” They both looked up. Dipper could see the jagged rocks around the distant hole in the ceiling. “How did we get down here?”
    Mabel shook her head, as if trying to rattle her thoughts straight. “The last thing I remember is running by the Bottomless Pit,” She shook her head again and said, “Dipper? Are we at the bottom of the Bottomless Pit?”
    “That’s impossible,” Dipper said, “We already proved that it’s just a wormhole. It’s literally bottomless.” He began to pace a bit, though still wobbly from the fall. “This doesn’t make any sense…” Though the sky looked miles away and the rocky ceiling intervened, it was strangely light on the earthy floor. The only shaft of sunlight fell directly on the patch of golden flowers that Dipper and Mabel had landed on.
    “Howdy!” a cheerful voice said from behind them. Both Dipper and Mabel jumped and looked around. There was a large, golden flower with a sweet face in the middle of its petals looking at them from a few feet away. “I’m Flowey! Flowey the flower!” It smiled at them.
    “Uh, hi…” Dipper said cautiously, edging away slightly and almost tripping back onto the flowerbed. Were all these flowers sentient?
    “Ooh! Hello Flowey! You’re so cute!” Mabel said, rushing over to the flower.
    “Mabel, wait, we don’t know what that thing wants-“ Dipper said.
    The flower laughed in a high-pitched, nasal way. “You’re new to the Underground, ain’t cha?”
    “The where now?” Mabel asked, c***ing her head to one side in a confused way.
    “Someone’s gotta show you the ropes around here.” Flowey laughed again. “I guess little ‘ol me will have to do!”
    Dipper shuddered. This flower was reminding him way too much of Lil’ Gideon. “Wait, where are we? I want an explanation,” He demanded of the plant.
    Flowey laughed again. “You’re in the Underground, pal! Welcome to the world of monsters!”
    “Monsters?” Dipper and Mabel said together.
    Flowey nodded. “But don’t worry. You’ve got me to help you out!” He winked. “Down here, LOVE is what matters. We spread LOVE through little, white…” Suddenly, small white dots appeared around Dipper and Mabel. “…friendliness pellets!”
    “Friendliness pellets?” Dipper asked incredulously.
    “Ooh!” Mabel said, reaching out to touch one. As she did, her hand jerked back. “Ow!” She stumbled backward into Dipper’s arms, nearly fainting.
    “Mabel!” Dipper exclaimed, “What-?” He heard laughter from the flower. Cold laughter, like Bill Cipher’s.  He looked up, supporting Mabel as she struggled to stand.
     “You IDIOTS.” The face in the middle of the petals was suddenly cruel and terrifying. Dipper stepped back quickly, pulling Mabel with him. “In this world,” Flowey continued in an even shriller voice, “It’s KILL or BE KILLED.” Flowey started laughing incessantly, and more of those ‘friendliness pellets’ appeared around the twins.
    “Ah!” Dipper tried to back up, but he ran into the now-upright Mabel. The pellets were closing in. Dipper glanced at Mabel, who still appeared weak from the earlier attack. What would happen if they were bombarded with these things? 
    The small, white, spinning dots were closing in around them. Mabel clutched Dipper’s arm as they squeezed together, trying not to touch them. Just as the nearest ones started to graze their clothing, they disappeared. Dipper and Mabel looked around, but the pellets were just gone.
    Flowey looked affronted. “Hey, wha-?” But as he began to speak, a small orange flame hit him and he tumbled out of the way. It appeared that he was quite a mobile flower, as he didn’t have roots, and he rolled shrieking into the darkness.
    Mabel gasped, and Dipper raised his eyes to look at their rescuer.
CH2 - Toriel
    A huge shape loomed in front of them. As it stepped into the light, Dipper saw that it was some sort of cross between a goat and a dragon, except with a more human shape. At least, it had two arms and two legs and two eyes, and wore a purple robe over its white fur.
    “What a horrible creature.” The thing said in a surprisingly motherly voice. It stretched out a hand each to Dipper and Mabel and helped them to their feet. “You must be scared. I’m sorry if I startled you. I’m Toriel.” 
    Dipper took the soft hand. He stood up and looked into Toriel’s kind face.
-Now cutting out a lot of dialogue and details because I don’t know exactly what the script is, so expand and fix later-
    Toriel took them into a place called the Ruins, and showed them how to navigate the many puzzles and traps that littered the Underground. Mabel ran around trying to help, but Dipper figured out most of the puzzles that Toriel had left them to complete. Along the way, they met several strange creatures. Dipper had his journal with him, and although he couldn’t find any mention of them within it, he documented each one they came across in his own notebook.  *SEE BELOW, WRITE INTO FIC BY ITSELF?*
They eventually reached Toriel’s house.
    They explored eagerly, and soon they both became very tired. Toriel guided them to a room that looked as if it had belonged to two children, although it seemed that it had never been used. In fact, most of the house looked like it had been built for a family that had never lived there. Only Toriel was here. Dipper slept in one bed and Mabel in the other, just like they had in the attic of the Mystery Shack. It might have been Dipper’s imagination, but the bed he slept in felt unfriendly and cold. When they woke up, they found that Toriel made them Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie.
    Toriel was extremely kind. She treated Dipper and Mabel as if they were her own children. But the next day Dipper found the keys to the basement. He and Mabel went downstairs to see more of this strange Underground. They ran into Toriel at the bottom of the stairs, and she urged them not to continue onward.
    “Please let us go, we have to get home.” Dipper said.
    “This is your home now,” Toriel said, “Please do not endanger yourselves by running onward.”
    “Why?” Mabel asked, confused.
    “I am afraid that terrible danger awaits you outside these ruins. Our king seeks your souls.” Toriel could barely meet their eyes.
    “He wants our souls?” Mabel asked.
    “How does that even work?” Dipper said dubiously.
    Toriel knelt down beside them and looked past the twins, into the distance, and Dipper felt that she was suddenly very far away. “Our entire world is the Underground. The barrier keeps us from exiting, and we are trapped. The only way to disable it is to take seven human souls and use them to destroy the barrier. The king has six now. He will want at least one of yours, and he will not let you leave.” A tear dripped down Toriel’s face. “I have seen every human child come through here, and they have all left, and they have all died. I could not bear to see you go the same way.”
    “He would kill us to get our souls?” Mabel said, scared. She turned to Dipper. “I don’t want to leave.”
    “But if we stay here, we’ll be stuck down here forever too.” Dipper said. He saw Toriel look away. He turned to her. “Is there any way we could disable the barrier without dying?”
    “There may be a way,” Toriel said, “But you can cross the barrier without disabling it. Human souls are strong enough, even if monster souls are not.”
    “But what about you?” Mabel said. “We can’t leave you and everyone else trapped down here!”
    Toriel smiled sadly. “Thank you, my child, but I do not know if that is possible. Please, stay with me where it is safe.”
    Dipper and Mabel looked at each other. Dipper stepped forward and said, “Toriel, we have to go home. We have to leave.”
    Toriel looked down. “I expected you would say as much, my child.” She stood up. “But in order to go, you must get past me first.”

Title brainstorm

*Determination
(The) Gravity Fallen
To Love or Lose
At the Bottom of the Bottomless Pit
Goat Mom is Best Mom

Dipper’s Log
We arrived in a place called the Underground today. For some unknown reason, we fell down a mysterious hole at the top of a mountain. It seems dangerous down here. It’s strangely reflective of the upper world, but the inhabitants are monsters. Several encounters with monsters have led me to take note of each.

Entry #1: Flowey
•    Malicious flower creature. Appears friendly, but will kill if given the chance.
•    Preferred attack: ‘friendliness pellets’
•    Appearance: white center with face, six yellow petals, flexible stem
Oddly mobile flower. Talks like a 10 year old Texan. Likes to torture victims before killing them.
He hurt Mabel and tried to kill us. He claims that ‘in this world, it’s kill or be killed’. I may have to protect Mabel. Note to self: find a weapon.
Notes on ruins: Lots of traps and puzzles (diagram). Fairly unremarkable.

Entry #2: Toriel
•    Motherly goat creature. Treats me and Mabel like her own grandchildren.
•    Does not like to attack, but can produce fireballs
•    Appearance: White fur, floppy ears, small horns, kind face, wears purple robe
Makes excellent butterscotch cinnamon pie. Doesn’t want us to leave her house. Is it dangerous here, or dangerous out there?
Notes on house: Large, but almost empty. Kid’s bedroom? Locked room and basement. Found toy knife in kitchen. Golden flowers keep popping up. Why?

Entry #3: Froggit
•    Small froglike creature, though possibly more sentient
•    Preferred attack: conjures flies and other small pellets, little damage
•    Appearance: large white frog, black spots on chest
Easily overcome. Low health. Likes being whispered to, though it doesn’t appear to understand English.

If anyone finds this, it's here because I have no other way to store these particular fanfic ideas. They will either be left here or completed and moved to fanfiction.net. (If for some reason you want to see my fanfiction.net, I'm FrostyPines.)

Oh, and feel free to tell me what you think, if you read.