Please don't cry a Nancy Drew and Hunger games fan fic | Teen Ink

Please don't cry a Nancy Drew and Hunger games fan fic

September 8, 2017
By Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
81 articles 1 photo 91 comments

Katniss

My mom and I raced to the Drew household. My best friend's father had sent a distress call. While my mother was taking care of Mrs. Drew, I was taking care of my best friend.

"Nancy, it's going to be alright." I said, hurting for my sister. "I don't think it will!" Nancy said. I was pinning for Nancy. My mom was doing her best to help Mrs. Drew.

But, Mrs. Drew died and Nancy was heart broken.

Nancy ( seven years later)

I was waiting for Katniss to call like she always had. Soon the phone rings and I picked it up. "Hey, Kitty!" I said. " Nancy, my father, he's dead! " Katniss said.

"Kitty, how?" I asked, concerned for my best friend. "There was a mine explosion and he didn't make it!" Katniss said. I don't say anything about sympathy. Like me and mommy, Katniss and her father were close.

I had really liked Mr. Everdeen. He was a good man and father. He loved taking us to the pond every summer. " oh, Kitty, he was a good man." I said.

Katniss and I talked over the phone. Giving each other love like siblings do.

The author's comments:

Nancy and Katniss are alike though different.