Luna's Diary Part 2 | Teen Ink

Luna's Diary Part 2

October 19, 2009
By AlexHeller DIAMOND, San Mateo, California
AlexHeller DIAMOND, San Mateo, California
60 articles 2 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -Mary Anne Rabmacher


Knock. Knock. Knock!
Oh! It seems my tutor is already here! Goodbye dear diary! Wish me luck!
-------------
My tutor threw open the door with such force, that I would have thought my door would have been ripped right off its hinges. He stumbled towards me, snatched my diary and slammed the door again. I heard a dull click and the twitch of a key in its lock, followed by some rustling in the folds of his tunic, as well some uneven footsteps that proceeded to thump down the hallway before all was quiet. I took a moment to enjoy the silence before my mind caught up with my actions. I grimaced as realization hit me. It was time to go. I did not truly want to leave, but what choice did father give me? Marriage or freedom, those were the options. And I was not fond of them.
I had to leave my family…my diary…my people…all for something that almost seemed childish when I thought about it, but then again, childish or not, I was leaving. No matter what it cost me.
I slipped into my new peasant clothes, hoping they would help me blend in with the crows in Wiltshire. After all, a princess walking through streets was far from discreet. I took my linen bag and hoisted it over my shoulder with a sigh… It was dark now, and I was sure nobody would see me slip onto my balcony and climb down the thick rope I now held in my hand. I silently tiptoed my way towards the edge of my room, closer to the balcony, and stepped onto the cool marble. Even in my leather shoes I could still feel it’s cool, smooth surface almost as if I was barefoot.
I edged closer to the balcony’s railing enjoying the marble under my feet. I tied the rope to the railing in between two of the pillars and…

To be continued....


The author's comments:
once again, im sorry it is not complete, but if you would like to read more about the things i mentioned previously in my authors note, please tell me so, and i will keep writing!!! i have already writen Luna's escape with her ever so handsome brother whose name i have not yet decided on...Im deciding between Marcus, Henry and Demitri....anyways, if you would like to suggest a name, leave a comment and the name you picked might be in the story!! I hope to hear from you!!
-Toodles!
BunniComixArtist