The Warrior | Teen Ink

The Warrior

By Romanticish SILVER, Irving, Texas
Romanticish SILVER, Irving, Texas

Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?
-Alfred lord tennyson

when I was a little girl around the age of nine, me and my mother followed father in the war. We didn't have much money, so I didn't get to go to school, or buy the prettiest dresses. One day I woke late, by the sound of bombs, people where screaming and running around frantically. Men where shouting out, and mother was gone. Once I realized this I jumped out of my sleeping bag and ran out the tent. “mother!” I shouted. “mother!” I shouted again, this time louder. Where was she? I wondered. I looked at the scene in front of me, dead people where lying everywhere, people crouched over some, others just lie there alone, dead or getting close with no hope to survive, praying to themselves that their family will be alright. I couldn't move. Where could mother be? “mother!” I tried again, and again. But still no answer. thats when a man ran up to me and fell on his knees he said, “here take this rose, its plastic so it wont die. Your mother told me to give it to you.” he gasped while clutching his bleeding stomach. He was dying. Just then he reached around his back and pulled a grenade out of his pouch. “where is mother!” I screamed as he handed it to me “shh its okay” he whispered as he lied down. “shes with your...” but he never finished, before he closed his eyes and went to heaven. Holding the rose and bomb in my hand I closed my eyes and started crying, I didn't want to live my life like this! I cant loose mother and father, ill die without them!

When I opened my eyes on that morning I was a new person, I was a warrior.

i was looking at a picture og a beautifull little girl holding a rose and a bomb, there where planesflying over her head. this story was made