In My Brother's Shadow | Teen Ink

In My Brother's Shadow

By IAmTheActress BRONZE, Fresno, Texas
IAmTheActress BRONZE, Fresno, Texas

"Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "This is not my life?"
- Daniel Hillard, Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

I am Marianna Mozart, fourteen years old, called Nannerl.
You, dear mortal, have probably never heard of me or my work, for everyone is ever so concerned over Little Brother and his achievements.
To my mother:
" My, how smart this boy is!"
To my aunt:
"Wherever did he learn to play?"
To my father:
" You have raised an intelligent and talented son, Leopold."
But have any of these fine people said anything about me, someone of equal talent to my brother?
Never.
After all, I am but a girl.

And my brother? You most certainly have heard of him.
His name is Mozart. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

When I hear that name come from someone's lips, it is like a thorn in my side.....

This is a bit short, but It is about nannerl's resntment towards her star brother.... I can write more if it is requested!

writer015 GOLD said...
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. " --Marianne Williamson

Yeah. It is for sure something that can hold my interest, the whole idea can go on a lot of branches and all that.

IAmTheActress BRONZE, Fresno, Texas

- Daniel Hillard, Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

Thanks for the feedback-do you want a continuation?

writer015 GOLD said...
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

Very interesting! I read a book sorta like this about his sister.