“The Girl who never Cried” | Teen Ink

“The Girl who never Cried”

By Itsbeenalongday SILVER, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Itsbeenalongday SILVER, Hendersonville, North Carolina

The Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time!

Once upon a time in the not so far away country of England there was a little girl named Elizabeth Mayfield.

Elizabeth was an orphan at St. Mary's Orphanage for girls. When most Orphans come to the Orphanage they are heart broken, crying and very upset but not Elizabeth. When she appeared at the Orphanages gates she was perfectly composed and stony faced not a tear did she shed through the entire process. The nuns at the orphanage were in awe of how a little girl seven years of age could remain so unmoved by all that had happened to her, they found this was not a singular coincidence. The little girl was frightfully unfeeling, she seemed to portray no emotion at all let alone cry. The nuns at the orphanage tried to show Elizabeth as much kindness and love as they could. They reasoned that she had probably felt very little love in her short life and that what life she had had thus far was probably so painful and tragic that the little girl had to steal herself against emotion to survive. Love is a terrible thing to be without. Elizabeth didn’t really have any friends at the orphanage all the girls ostracized her because of her unfeeling and rather odd ways. One day part of the orphanage caught on fire and while very little damage was done the children’s pet parakeets all died from the smoke oh there was a wailing sound from the girls at the news that their favorite pets had died but not from Elizabeth when asked if she was was upset about it the little girl answered impassively that” All things have to die sometimes” and while this statement is true it hurt the hearts of the nuns to hear her say that. One Nun was especially concerned about the little girl Sister Agatha a dear sweet sister that had helped found the orphanage 10 years before. By and by Elizabeth did eventually make a friend, the little gir’ls name was Mary. Mary and Elizabeth were very different but became the best of friends Mary was a very sweet sensitive girl with an out going nature, while Elizabeth was quiet, shy and a bit aloof.

One day Mary fell desperately ill with the small pox and died. When the Sisters went to look for Elizabeth because she had, had the most close contact with Mary before she fell ill they found that the girl was missing, they knew that they had to find the girl incase she had the disease so that she might be treated in time and not spread it to the others. The Nuns looked and looked but to no avail, they just couldn’t seem to find this little girl out of the 150 girls at the orphanage! Finally Sister Agatha found the girl curled up in a corner of one of the upstairs rooms, at the touch of her skin Sister Agatha could feel that she was burning up, thinking only of getting her to the doctor as fast as possible the Sister reached out to the girl to take her downstairs for help that’s when she heard it a sniffle barely audible at all. Out of impulse the Nun snatched her up into her arms and gave her a hug though the infection might have spread to her. In a quite voice the nun said "Tell me about it" seeming to know exactly what was asked of her the little girl poured out her story how her entire family had been wiped out by the small pox how her Mother had told her to always be strong and not to cry like a baby when she was gone, how she had never cried after that, the little girl broke out in tears again. Finally the Sister Agatha knew her story, the story of the little girl who never cried.

The doctors tried to help her but the small pox had already over taken her with the loss of her only freind it was just too much for little Elizabeth.

Sadly she died that night.

Hey Everybody, I wrote this for an English class but really got into it and enjoyed it I wrote it in the Aurthur Maxwell,Little Match Girl style, its kind of sad which is different from most of my work but I really enjoy trying new things. Hope you enjoyed it or at least it made you cry.

GeeGi BRONZE said...
GeeGi BRONZE, Park City, Utah

“Being crazy isn't enough.”
― Dr. Seuss

“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
― Dr. Seuss

Wow, that was an amazing story :) Loved it! One thing suggestion, you should build more tension next time. It felt a little rushed. Overall, loved it!!

Thanks : )

P@inLe55 PLATINUM, Poteet, Texas

Be your self and have fun, for you only live once

Wow good work. sad but still good.

Yes, Ive taken ballet lessons for a decent amount of time. I love ballet and thats neat that you dance too! Im glad you enjoyed the story

AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

It's sooooo ssssaaaaaddddd!!!!! 

but i like it! The only issue is i'm not sure soemone at that time would say 'tell me about it' maybe it's just me but it seems that is a fairly modern fraze.  

Tell me, do you do ballet or is that just your name? i ask because i do ballet.

Thank you ApolloSilver

Ballerinagirl1016

Thanks, yah I know there are grammer problems this is 8th grade material, and the reason it felt rushed is because it is just that i did this in a single night!

Thanks for commenting

Ballerinagirl1016

SecretNonConformist SILVER, Marblehead, Massachusetts

The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"Bless the children, give them triumph, now!"
Aeschylus, The Libation Bearers

Once you fix your grammar mistakes, this will be AMAZING! Such a sweet story. However, it did feel a little rushed and you can add some more details. Great so far, though.

Kyle.Hughes GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

The fear of death is the most unjust of all fears, for there is no risk of accident for someone who's dead. -Albert Einstein

I bet you got an "A"  for this piece. It's very good.