Columbine High School Shooting | Teen Ink

Columbine High School Shooting

March 18, 2012
By Anonymous

This was it. The day that I would finally get my revenge. Time for revenge after what those jocks and people did to me. After years and years of being bullied and being an outcast it was time to become a someone not just “That unpopular kid. Let’s go after him since we have nothing to do.” It was time. We had planned this for over a year after breaking into a van and doing a juvenile diversion program. We were planning, planning on what we were going to do to our fellow classmates that have bullied and teased us for a long, long time. I had a flashback of one of the bulling’s I gotten one day. It went like this:
I was patiently waiting in line for lunch when again for like the trillionth time a jock named Billy started to bully me about me giving him my lunch money. He had shoved me against some lockers saying, “Give me your lunch money! Give me all of it!” His raspy breath curling around me.
“Let go of me!” I had shouted.
Just then my friend came along. “Let go of him!” he had shouted as loud as a shy fella could.
A teacher stood nearby saying nothing, and doing nothing but pretending nothing was happening and trying to look away. “Get out of this punk!” he had roared to my friend. His breath probably curled around his nose because he looked sickened.
“You should seriously have a mint! You want one? I have one, why don’t you take it?” my friend questioned as bravely as he could.
“I told you to stay out of it!” Billy said as he let go of me. I started to throw mints at him as he turned toward my buddy. “Here ya go some mints! There are plenty of them!” I said.
“I asked for money not mints!” he slammed one of my only friends and me into a locker. SLAM!!
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. I must’ve heard ya wrong, buddy. I thought you said mints, not money. Well, here ya go. Keep the mints too, you’re sure gonna need them!” I said snorting. He yanked the money out of my hands and then walked away like nothing at all happened.
“Why did you give him your money that you need for lunch?” my friend had asked.
“Well, I brought some extra money so I have enough for lunch,” I had replied to Dylan. “He will pay, oh he will eventually!”

Now was the time for revenge I remembered that during the prom I scribbled out some of the writing of the 17th, and replaced it with ‘April 20th-It’s coming.’ Also that I had fixed the bottom of the News Network our school has with “Today is not a good day to be here.” We also set bombs in a field about three miles away from the school as a diversion. Now it’s 11:10 and I just arrived at the school. I parked and then I see Brooks and I tell him to leave because I don’t want him to see this, or be involved. He follows my instructions and walks away. Perfect just perfect. I could taste revenge foaming in my mouth. “Are you ready buddy?” I asked Dylan.
“H*** ya.” He replied.
We walked in the cafeteria and placed our duffel bags that carried two heavy propane bombs set for exactly 11:17. We then walked out without anyone noticing us. “Perfect just perfect!” I thought violently. We then went back to our cars. We then waited and waited and waited. No one was coming out screaming, no explosions, nothing, nada.
“Darn it! Those ****** bombs didn’t explode in the cafeteria!!” I spat. “Change of plan. We just attack. They sure are gonna be surprised!” I whispered to Dylan. We walked to the top of the school’s west exterior steps and stopped. “GO!” I shouted. We took out our weapons and began to shoot. We killed Rachel Scott and Daniel Rohrbough. We also shot at some other students. We got to the top of the outside stairs and shout out that this was what we always wanted to do! We both begin to light and throw bombs everywhere, the roof, the parking lot, and down a hill. We then entered the school through the west doors. We started to walk down the hallway shooting and laughing, shooting and laughing. We walked up the stairs and walked down the hallway outside of the library shooting, throwing bombs, and laughing. We then saw Sanders. We raised our guns and while he was escaping, BANG, we shot him. We begin to randomly shooting down the hallway. But, missing everyone. We then get to the library. “Hold the phone, I’m pretty sure there are classmates we sooo ****** hate.”
“Yeah,” Dylan replied. He opened the door and we stepped in.
“Get up!” I shouted. No one got up. “Everyone that is wearing a white baseball cap get up!” Still no one got up. “Fine, start shooting!” I said to Dylan. We began to walk around the library, shooting. Dylan shot Kyle right away. I then walked to the law at shot at them and so did Dylan. “Yahoo!” shouted Dylan. I then shot my gun and I shot Steve Curnow and Kacey.I then walked up to a table that was in the south. I slapped the table and shouted “Peek-a-boo!” They screamed, I laughed evilly. I shot Cassie Bernall. But, the d*** shotgun hit me in the face right square on the nose. “Ow,” I screamed in my head. Oh, well it did nothin’. I then saw Bree, defenseless. I pointed my gun at her “Do you want to die?” I questioned. She said something like don’t shoot me I have a family. I laughed my evil laugh again, but then I noticed my nose was bleeding. “D**** that gun! Dylan, it hit me in the nose.” Then I remembered Bree. “Oh, yea, revenge on Bree time.” I thought. I began to laugh evilly again saying, “Everyone’s gonna die. We’re gonna blow up the whole school anyway.” Then I looked up. I saw Dylan at table by two particular boys, he then called me over. “Well, look who we have here. Well, ain’t it Isaiah Shoels.” I said. Dylan made a rude comment about Shoels type and tried to drag out from under the table. When he wouldn’t budge I shot him. Dylan then shot under the table, too. I threw a homemade bomb and it landed under a table. I then walked to some shelves. I jumped on them and shook them. While doing this I started swear all of them I knew. We began shooting again. We then went to the center of the library and reloaded. I then recognized a student under a table, something about him looked familiar. “Identify yourself!” I ordered. Dylan pointed a gun at his head. He answered as John. “W…What…are you doing?” he asked. Dylan answered him and ordered him to leave, which he did. We then began to shoot like madmen again. Once then walked out. “Now, what?” Dylan asked.
“****, I don’t know.” I replied.
We then began to do random stuff. Revenge was getting away from me. We then went down to the cafeteria and drank some of the water in the water bottles that were left behind. “Well, buddy. Today’s the world’s coming to an end. Today’s the day we die.” Dylan said.
“Yep, it has been nice knowing you.” I replied. My taste for revenge was gone and now it was replaced with sadness. “I hope to see you wherever we go.”
We then began to survey the damage and then we went into the library. “Good bye, horrible, cruel world. I hope you learned your lesson you freaks that had bullied us for so long!” I said. “Bye, Dylan,” I then put a gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger. BANG! I was dead, gone forever.