The creation | Teen Ink

The creation

By Camille1234 PLATINUM, Corbett, Oregon
Camille1234 PLATINUM, Corbett, Oregon

In the beginning of time there was nothing but the void of Chaos. Chaos was the creator, the thing in this empty, alone space of darkness. Chaos not wanting to be alone birthed Gaia, the mother earth,Tartarus, the dark world beneath Earth. Next came day then night for mother earth and its dwellers. The last to come from Chaos was Erebus the dark light down in Tartarus. Gaia gave birth to a boy, Uranus-the sky and to mountains, hills, seas, rivers and creeks. Gaia stared up at her beautiful son Uranus, all day and night not resting as she looked upon him. She fell in love with her son and Uranus fell in love with his mother whom he stared down upon. They married and from them came the Hundred- Handers, the Cyclops and the Mighty Titans.

Uranus hated and feared his powerful Titan children, as each was born he would lock them away deep in the pits of Tartarus. Gaia longed for her children and created a sickle made of adamant that she gave to her youngest yet terrible Titan, Cronus. Cronus ambushed his father in surprised and defeated him. As the substance from Uranus dripped down onto earth it created the Giants, Furies,Nymphs and the most beautiful and loved goddess, Aphrodite.

This is my version of how the world was created based on the greek myths.