UNIT 7.3.1. | Teen Ink

UNIT 7.3.1.

By ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana
ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana

"In terms of noodles, all bets on Trump."- my very strange friends

UNIT 7.3.1.
Seven days are gone, as well as hundreds of Chicness. I was a Japanese scientist at Unit 7.3.1. I was in charge of cleaning the “log” before the live dissection. I watch a man use a stethoscope listening to the heart, and a man with a knife was waiting, and as soon as the stethoscope was lifted the man started cutting. I watched many “loges” die on the surgical table. I heard the shrieks of pain as they were dissected without any anesthetics. I went to bed at night being tortured by those shrieks. All I could think of was that ‘this is for the Emperor’ and I was loyal to the Emperor, so I did his work no questions asked. I did not like what I did, but after a while you become desensitized.

I thought that the shrieks would haunt me forever, but after two years it became natural. I lived with a guiltless conscience. The man I was three years ago, was as dead as many of the “loges” throne in to the fire. I had no feeling now. I saw the fear in the eyes of the “loges”. I killed many of them. I may have even enjoyed my work, but there was this little voice in my head, and it kept telling me that this isn’t right, that I shouldn’t be doing this. These thoughts stayed in my head for many days. I started to question what I was doing. I was getting tired of this feeling. Always making me second-guess myself. Anything was better that the agonies I was facing now.

I was observing the plague outbreak in one of the villages. I saw the pain of its victims. That was the last time I would see this kind of pain. For that was the day it ended for me. I took off the protected suet I was wearing and went up to one of the infected people and touched them infecting myself. This pain felt better than the pain I had endured for the past few days. I lay in the field feeling death close upon me. Oh how I longed for it. Death was better than this life I was living. I suffered like this for almost a week.

And then the world went black.

When I say "log" or "loges" I'm refering to the people uses in these expements. the Japanese scientest that worked here awften referded to these people as loges because to them you they were pices of wood that you could carve up and throw in to the fire.

I submited the updated version of this story for y'all, so keep an eye out for it. It should be out in a few days.

Alright I'll work on it. Thank you, and glad you enjoied it! XD

Z.V.Oksana PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

I agree with Liv.Harris, great story, great concept, but I would definetely have made it longer. It's a big idea that deserves a few pages at least. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it <3

Alright I'll think about it. And thank you. You're a great wrihter too!

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

It's pretty good! The only thing I would change is the length; maybe make a page or two longer, perhaps you could describe a particular log that  caused him pain, maybe even make him fall in love with her! I really like it otherwise though. You're a great writer! XD