Greed Loses | Teen Ink

Greed Loses

By CoolLee BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
CoolLee BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

After the great war of Gods in Greece, there has been wars between humans, trying to see who is the strongest man on Earth. Acrisius, the king of Greece, was then the most powerful human being. Then, one baby was born in a little island. He was born between the God and human. He was named Taleus. He was protected by Gods.
The rumor spread in Greece and Acrisius heard about it too. He suddenly got afraid because he might get thrown by Taleus in the future. One day, he went to the witches and found out that Taleus is going to kill him.
Acrisius then hired killers. He said he would pay them a lot of money if they kill him. Acrisius could not kill Taleus with his hand because his people loved him and he was protected by Gods. Since he sent those killers, Acrisius was relieved. However, no killers were able to  return to Acrisius because Zeus ordered wild beasts to kill the killers. Acrisius thought Taleus was dead.
After 20 years later, Taleus appeared in front of the king of Greece, Acrisius. Two years ago, Acrisius found out that Taleus was alive and he captured his mom and his people.
There they sat, a row of statues, each, as it were, frozen stiff in the attitude he had struck when he first saw Perseus. He suddenly got frightened and gave up the fight.
       Then, Taleus found his mom and soldiers in the cave wishing that he would come and save them. After a Taleus became a king by everyone’s  support, he asked her father if Danae could become his wife.
“Of course, as long as you keep her safe.” That was his answer.
         When Danae became the queen, she looked very happy. Then Perseus had a conversation with her about Danae’s father, Acrisius. Danae was still mad that how her father could do those things to Taleus. She told Taleus that she will have a war against him. Taleus was surprise that Danae would make such a scary decision. Taleus tried to persuade Danae but he failed because Dictys, who was a loyal soldier of Taleus, also agreed with Danae. So they prepared for the fight.
         Both big armies met on the big field. There was nothing but silence. Acrisius decided that he would rather fight against Perseus. He still looked frightened by the oracles he’d gotten. Danae once went to her father and told him to give up before the battle, but her father would not give up his pride. So there began the big collision. Danae ordered her soldiers to capture Acrisius. Acrisius order his soldiers to kill them all.
With the god’s help, Taleus made a big success in the battle. But the war was not ended. Acrisius retreated and rested for the night. With a great achievement, Taleus sought his second wife, Andromeda. But he could not find her. He looked everywhere, asked soldiers, and did everything to find his wife. Then the morning came and Taleus had to prepare for the battle again.
“Isn’t that Andromeda?” Danae asked her husband, Taleus.
     When he looked front, he saw Andromeda holding hands with Acrisius. Aphrodite who was jealous of the love for Taleus by god, ordered Cupid to shoot a gold arrow to Andromeda when she was looking at Acrisius. So she ran away when the battle ended and went to be with Acrisius. Taleus could not believe this situation. He wished it was a dream but he knew it was not. Taleus had no guilt killing Acrisius because he knew that Acrisius tried to murder Taleus long time ago.
“Kill them all. Don’t let anyone survive!” Perseus shouted.
     With the angry captain, there began a tragedy. Acrisius realized that Taleus was defeating his army. By the time his soldiers were almost slaughtered, he decided to run away. Acrisius and Andromeda rode on their horses, and ran as fast as they can. But Taleus who had a horse which is a gift from Apollo could easily catch them. Taleus’s face looked like a crocodile in the amazon river.
“How dare you leave me and get on Acrisius’ side.” Taleus said.
     He raised his sword and cut Acrisius and Andromeda’s head. Acrisius was supposed to be captured but Taleus told people that Acrisius jumped off the cliff, thinking that he would rather kill himself.
The war finally ended. While Danae and Dictys were celebrating their victory, Taleus sat down on his wife and grandpa’s grave. He’s tears dropped like a waterfall on the cliff of the mountain.
“Andromeda did nothing wrong, but why!?”
    He blamed every god for his wife’s death and cried for 10 days.Then on the 11th day, he suddenly stood up and went to the cliff. He took his armors off and prayed for his precious people’s safety. He jumped to the ocean and fell on the rock. It happened so quick that even Poseidon could not save him.
Danae who got shocked by her husband’s  death, built a gigantic temple for him. And it became the symbol of the country. The story was told in the future and became one of the most popular myth in Greece.