International Demographic - Ancient Disney Civilization Discovered! | Teen Ink

International Demographic - Ancient Disney Civilization Discovered!

By FrostyPines BRONZE, Draper, Utah
FrostyPines BRONZE, Draper, Utah

You know what I like about our friends? We say things like "We're gonna douse you in ant pheromones" and they're just like "Okay, whatever." They're so cool.

International Demographic – July 5723

Front article: Archeologists discover more evidence for previously unknown Ancient ‘Disney’ civilization

Last month, archeologist Roy Waltson of the New University for Ancient Life discovered further evidence of the fabled ancient Disney (Dis-nee) civilization. Long thought to be a myth, stories of the lost Disney civilization have been passed on for centuries, though virtually nothing is known about it. Many have searched for the sites of the ancient people, but accounts differ on where these sites might be. It seems now that Roy Waltson has struck gold.

Waltson gathered his ambitious expedition to explore the wetlands of the southeastern Mercan peninsula, Flodia, in March. Though he was criticized for planning such a large exploration in the long-uninhabited swamp, he was convinced that there was something to find in central Flodia. He took his small team of photographers, archeologists and historians right into the heart of the Flodian wetlands. They arrived close to the intended site of study by airship, the only means of accessing the heavily overgrown terrain. Then they hiked for a day and a half until they stumbled upon an ancient road with a faded sign by it. As far as the translator was able to tell, the sign read: The Animals’ Kingdom, Vista Way, and Magical Kingdom with indicators of direction. The sign bore a symbol on top, two circles attached to a larger one. Waltson had found what he was looking for.

“I recognized the symbol immediately,” he said, “It is the most sacred symbol of the Disney culture.” Waltson and his crew traveled, according to the sign, towards Magical Kingdom for the rest of the day. “It is possible that these different Kingdoms were meant for different factions of society,” Waltson said, “And according to our evidence, Magical Kingdom was for the most elite.”

They arrived at the entrance to the mysterious Magical Kingdom the next day. It was surrounded by huge concrete structures and many smaller structures, apparently to guard heavily against intruders. Waltson’s team found only two entrances into the city itself- a tunnel on either side of the main gate.

“They must have restricted access to the city to the most important people of their civilization. This was likely the capital city,” Waltson noted.

What they found inside was astonishing: a well-constructed city with several smaller sectors organized around a hub. The team walked down the main street, examining the strange architecture. “They obviously had a good comprehension of math and science,” Waltson said, “But the odd thing is that so much of what they built was apparently never meant to be used.” For example, the buildings on either side of the main street all had functional first floors, but the second floors were often merely a façade. The second floors even looked strange from the outside, the dimensions getting smaller higher up on the building. “It was as though they built these structures to look bigger than they really were, purely for show,” Waltson said.

This architecture trend was consistent throughout the entire city, but what was more astonishing was the city itself.

“In the center,” said Waltson, “Was an ornate castle."

I was reading National Geographic when this idea came to me. What if, after some apocolypse and a lot of time, future archeologists discovered Disney World? What would they make of it?