You Were Scared...... I Was Scared | Teen Ink

You Were Scared...... I Was Scared

By writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey
writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey

You were 6, I was 4, I cried, you cried when we found out, you felt the pain, I felt the pain, I was scared, you were scared.
We were little when we found out she passed. We sat in the waiting room as happy families passed us and went to look in the big window to see their baby sister or baby brother. We sat for hours out in the waiting room with Grandma, Grandpa, and all of our friends and family. As it got later in the day it ended up just being Me, You, Grandpa, and Grandma. Finally Daddy came out uncontrollably crying and while the doctors talked to him. Then Daddy told Grandma and Grandpa who both cried as they heard the news in the other room. Then Daddy came and propped us on his lap and told us that we had to be brave little soldiers for him. A tear droplet formed at the corner of his eye. I said," Daddy don't cry we have a new baby brother or sister to see." You said," Daddy what’s wrong you should be happy like we are." Daddy shook his head with tears rolling on the side of his cheeks gasping for air. He told us that Mommy and the baby were gone and that they were up in a bigger and better place, he also said that Mommy loved us both very much and that she will always be watching us. He hugged us as we cried out for Mommy to come back. We left the hospital that night with no Mommy and no Baby sister that we had, we left with scares in our hearts that would never go away, and we left with clothes of Mommy, flowers that were for Mommy, toys for the new baby, and clothes for the new baby. The next day we went to say good bye to the baby sister, who was named Melanie and to our Mommy. You shrieked, I shrieked, I ran to the big box mom was in and started to pound on it, You ran to the big box mom was in and started to pound on it, You said good bye as they put them into the ground , I said good bye too.

Julietbyheart BRONZE, Coalton, Ohio
That's very good, sad and heart breaking.

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
really good.