The Yellow Flower | Teen Ink

The Yellow Flower

By Mohammed Hussain GOLD, New York City, New York
Mohammed Hussain GOLD, New York City, New York

It is a human with its body, arms, and feet. Its size is like that of a newborn infant. The hands are vibrant, luscious, and gaily yellow, like the early sun that wakes from its daily sleep. Minuscule frozen crystals sit silently, playing on these bright hands like tiny snowflakes resting on people’s faces. Out of these hands sprout fingers that look similar to the hot, sizzling, corn that is eaten in festivals. The green, gay body twists to the right, then left, then right again, similar to the large, dark green vines in jungles that hide people with their long, hefty tails. Four legs, two on each side, grow from the body. Each oval shaped leg is green, similar to a forest that is full of lush vegetation, trees, and plants that are happy and healthy. Pitchfork like three fingers are on each hand.

Smooth skin, similar to plastic, enshrouds the body. Every once in a while, several rips and bruises affect the total condition of the skin; they are the abnormal mounds on smooth, clean streets. The slightly rough, fabric-like texture of the hands is like sandpaper. Little frozen crystals create bumps on each hand. The legs are the same; each has the grouchy, roughness, but with veins that pop out, making it solid hard at times.

Thank you very much!

Julietbyheart BRONZE, Coalton, Ohio
Very cool!!