Disappearnce | Teen Ink

Disappearnce

By Natalieceja_25 BRONZE, Independece, Oregon
Natalieceja_25 BRONZE, Independece, Oregon

Playing with my baby brother and sister,my mom walked out putting her hair into a ponytail trying to head to work. It was a Saturday morning and Bailey our babysittter would be here soon. My mom walked up to us and kissed each of us on the forehead and said “I love you all and treat Bailey like if she was me and if you got me mad I’ll smack you but in this case with baliey, she’ll give reports and strikes.”

Me and Juliet my youngest sister both looked at my mom with the face.

The face is a thing we do when me and Juliet get mad at my mom instead of saying anything. we tried to talk to my mom back we got smacked so that was not a good plan so we created the face.

When my mom went to get her keys and her phone off the charger she just saw on her phone was a message it wasn’t a usual message often she reads her messages out loud but she didn’t, this time she ran straight to her room.

Me and Juliet looked at each other, “What’s the matter with mom? It’s not usual for mom to run to the room like that.” asked Juliet “No it is it.” I replied. Mom finally came out of her room, but when she came out i had a feeling in my stomach. And last time I had a feeling in my stomach nothing turned out good. It was the night my grandmama died. Everyone thought I killed my grandmama the person that means the most to me uh, I don’t think so. If someone dies I don’t want poeple to think I killed them, so I decide I wasn’t going to tell anybody.

My mom finally walks out of her room me and Juiet decied not to say anything my mom says “Liz,I need you to watch Juliet and Zachary because baliey is running a litte late she has a door password so you shouldn’t open the door to anyone besides her.” I look up and nod my head. My mom walks out the door but I am still feeling something in my stomach. Then she  heads to work.

A few hours, I am here in interrogation room trying to find anwsers to my mom’s disappearnce. I am trying anwser questions I don’t ever know the answers to. He’s making me ask questions like, “Does your mother stop anywhere on her way to work?”, “Did she and your father fight a lot?”, Thats the only one I had thought on because the last time I saw my dad was when I was 7 and it’s been six years now since I last saw my dad. He also asked questions like “Was she seeing another man?”, “Dose she have a boyfriend?”

I feel so overwhelmed with all of these qusetions I can’t even bare. Now that my mom’s missing who are we going to live with my mom hadn’t pay the bills for months now we don’t have a house to live in.