Rolling on the River | Teen Ink

Rolling on the River

By stilts62 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
stilts62 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

"Get back up more times than you get knocked down." - Unknown

The story “Rolling on the River” written by Sabrina M. on page 39 of the January- February edition of Teen Ink left many different impressions on myself. The story left me feeling very humbled and calm, but it was also a story that I could relate to very well. This story was very well written, and it had a very good story plot. The story really grabs the reader’s attention in the first sentence where it says, “I’m on my back, lying flat on the damp grass after a day of constant rain.” In this opening sentence, I had already been hooked into reading the story. In the story the author also writes, “The river drifts all the way downstream and never ends; however, it will be dried up by morning.” When this is written it is saying that all good things must come to an end. It is also trying to say that some people say they will stay forever, but a gone by morning. Overall this is a very good story that has many different meanings, and left many different feelings and impressions on the reader.