One Person Can Change the World | Teen Ink

One Person Can Change the World

By babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina
babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina

"there are no friends or enemies in this life; just selfish desires based on instincts and self lustings."

He walks down the hall; every girl at his arm. They chase after them even though they know he dates about six of them at a time. I don’t understand what’s so special about him. Just because he’s a football player, a player of girls, that makes him special? All the makeup smeared faces of those girls of his sneer down on us as we watch them pass by. If you didn’t chase after him, you were a social out cast.

But who are they to decide who I am? To decide who I shall love or even like? Who do they think they are to judge me after what they are doing? It sickens me to think high school was made to be like this. Surely they must see him for what he truly is; a player; a liar; a thief and breaker of hearts. But yet they continue to chase him around like they’re all lost puppies and he’s their mother. Why?

The next day, we’re all sitting in class. The girls with makeup smeared faces sit all around him, giggling, smiling. Don’t they see his deception? Do they know that they’re wearing murdered whales on their faces? He plays around with them all, making them dance for him; his puppets on strings. A girl gets up to try to sit on his lap, just being playful, but she accidentally knocks him in the face with her elbow. His smiling face contorts into an upside down smile of anger and a slap echoes through the air.
On her right cheek now lays a perfect impression of a bright red hand. All makeuped eyes look away, but the naked ones of mine keep watching. He towers over her as she sits on the ground on her knees; tears trickling down her face. He raises a hand again. “STOP!!” a screech comes from no where. Who said it? All eyes turn to me. Was it me? Seems so. He narrows his eyes and comes at me; hands raised high. A kick to his precious spot sends him down. His glory no longer glorified.
A teacher steps in, Asking what’s going on. I point to him, and the red cheeked girl points to him. The teacher helps him off his feet and drags him out the room.
That night at home, I’m watching the news. His face comes onto the screen. He’s being charged 25 counts of domestic violence and more are coming his way. They said that since girls have seen this story, more keep calling in to tell their stories. It went on to explain it was a severe case because all these girls were beaten over the years, but he was never caught til now. A swell of pride fills inside me. I helped somebody for once in my life. It seems one person can change the world.

i just got bored and wrote this in class