Lies | Teen Ink

Lies

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Kelli had a troubled childhood. Well, that's what she told people when they asked. No, that's what she would tell people if they asked. It was a lie. Of course it was a lie. She was perfectly ok with that. If it was a normal lie. No, it was an attempt at truth. A mouse trying to be a giant. But it said too much anyway. Or it would, if she ever had to tell a person. So it didn't matter.

She was free from her ‘troubled childhood’ now anyway. No, that was another lie. She was an adult and it was still her burden. Every day it grew worse. On her deathbed, she would still be burdened by bruises from decades past. Just bruises. Everyone got bruises. Every child tripped and fell and got bruised. That was a lie, too. Not that children fell, but that what was normal and what other people did and how changed her past.

She was an adult with a job and a home and a life. No, that was a lie. She didn't have a life, because she had a past. She wasn't an adult, because her past made her feel small. She was a broken child, and that was a truth. She always would be.

She was strong, and she was past it. That was the biggest lie she had ever heard. She needed to stop lying to herself. No, another lie. If she was truthful with herself she would shatter. She would never be past it, and it would always define her. Never had she more hoped for something to be a lie. The truth was, she didn't know.

i wanted to write something quick and light (ok not light. this is in no way light.) But all my ideas and pictures and stuff I'm saving for something else. So I used a random word generator and after a few fails and a glitch I got troubled childhood. well, you can imagine what happened next. the name is also randomly generated from the same site. kelli strong. i went with it because kelli is kool;)

there is no trigger warning because there are no flashbacks and nothing direct. i don't think this would trigger someone who wasn't hypersensitive, but if you have trauma consider not reading this anyways.

as to the end, neither do i.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

Hey, this isn't so bad. I thought all my old writing was awful.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

yeah, i think the word generator was phsych. it was only my... 5th? try.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

I loved it, the rhythm and the introspective tone, and how it left so much to be wondered at.