When a split in the road occurs | Teen Ink

When a split in the road occurs

When a split in the road occurs, you have a choice between what feels like a million different paths. When a split in the road occurs, one can be pressured into choosing a path because of others. When a split in the road occurs, one may choose a path to keep a relationship or to salvage the remains of one. When a split in the road occurs, one may start going down one path and realize “I have taken the wrong turn.” When a split in the road occurs, does that mean you can’t turn back? When a split in the road occurs, one may just want to delay the journey and stay at the never-changing gas station on the side. When a split in the road occurs, one must remember it's never too late to turn around. When a split in the road occurs, one may have a set decision on where to go but your gut feeling tells you to take a different path, “Is that so bad?”. When a split in the road occurs, one must remember that going down another path than you had planned is never a bad thing, in fact, it can guide you down a much better path for you than you had planned. So always remember that if this happens to you don’t stress you will find the right path for you to guide you down that split in the road. 

For this set piece I used a literary device called repetition and metaphor. Repetition is where you repeat a phrase over and over again. A metaphor is when a word or phrase is applied to a word or action. In my writing, I used one phrase to repeat. As well as “when a split in the road occurs” as a metaphor for choice. I chose repetition because it gives a sense of depth to the writing and continuously reminds you of what the set piece is talking about. As well as I chose metaphor so it can subtly tell you what the writer is trying to say in a relatable form for the reader.