Just a Kiss | Teen Ink

Just a Kiss

By Writeandswim222 BRONZE, East Northport, New York
Writeandswim222 BRONZE, East Northport, New York

Then he stopped talking. My heart clenched. This was it. This is the moment I will remember for the rest of my life. The moment I will tell my kids about. I captured my surroundings in a mental photo to remember later. Sitting in my basement. The yellow light glowing around me. Why did I leave the lights on? Why didn’t I turn them off? I feel the fabric of the chairs, my brother’s video game rocking chairs. We had been fooling around with them. Rocking back and forth, laughing, when we both fell completely over and decided to lie there, and not try and get up. I heard the movie I had put on, it was at my favorite part, the two main characters start flirting. It’s my favorite part. Why was the movie on? Oh right, it was a conversation starter, something to do. We are underneath my sister’s blanket. The really soft bright blue one; the one with a giant, yellow Spongebob on it. He threw it over us, I see why now. He stared at me. Making my heart try and leap out of its cage. This was it, my moment. It’s my turn to feel special, to see fireworks. I saw the way he shifted in his chair, trying to get closer to me. I followed. I moved the grey arm rest; there was nothing between us. I heard a song come on in the movie, it was the most romantic part of the movie, time for the characters to have their first dance together. He raised one eyebrow. A talent I always wished I had. I blinked, was this real? Was this seriously happening to me? His arm snaked out and took hold of my hand. Yes. This was it, my moment, my happily ever after. I sucked on my bottom lip, making sure it wasn’t dry. I was ready. I waited my whole life for this moment, it was here. Finally. It was just centimeters away. Slowly coming closer and closer. I couldn’t hear the movie, all I heard was my heart. I couldn’t see the blanket; all I saw were his chocolate brown eyes. I couldn’t feel the chairs; all I felt was his hand in mine. His head tilted just slightly. I lowered my eyelids and then all I could feel was his soft skin pressing into mine. My mind went blank and I thought about was him. His free hand reached up and placed itself in the scrunched mess on my head. My free hand, with a mind of its own, went up to feel the soft skin on the back of his neck. This was it. My perfect moment. I saw the fireworks. I felt like a princess. Just a simple kiss. A kiss that lasted forever. He dropped his hand. I followed. I didn’t want it to end. I had to see his face, what was he thinking? Our lips unlocked. I opened my eyes and smiled with him. We sat in silence, just smiling, the dialogue in the movie wasn’t important; the phone vibrating in my pocket could wait. He was all I saw, all I cared about. He broke the silence by winking and asking, “Can we turn the movie off?”

Elle Thompson BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
this is a great, detailed piece. very well done :)