The Message | Teen Ink

The Message

June 2, 2022
By 3iverson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3iverson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a wonderful evening. The cool, gentle breeze comforting anything it passed. The sunset looking down at the world, saying its goodbye before letting the moon take over for the night. I had decided to take a walk down along the shore, it’s been a while since I last took a walk. Off I went, taking in the beautiful land I call my home. 

Something was missing, though I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. What else could I need? I’m satisfied with my life right now…right? I knew it, I'm missing something, I just need to find out what it is. A calling perhaps? Something that makes me feel that I’m needed. Then there it was, a glass bottle drifting across the water, crawling its way to the shore, it seemed to carry a piece of paper. “A message in a bottle?” I said out loud. 

As if my body was moving on its own, I started running for it. Why am I doing this? I thought to myself as I grabbed the bottle. Pop! Went the bottle as I pulled out the cork. As I pulled out the paper; I began to shiver with excitement. Is this what I’ve been looking for?I began to read, still unsure why I was so oddly excited. 


Dear person reading this

I have something important to tell you. The rest of the content in this bottle isn’t anything special. I did this because I was bored and felt like doing the strangest way of meeting someone. If you’re interested, call me at ###-###-####. We likely won’t interact again after the call, but it’ll be a fun story, right?

From

Thomas


Never had I felt such disappointment. My mind couldn’t tell how to feel. Annoyed? Angry? Glad? My brain couldn’t come to a conclusion, but my body did. I started laughing. Why would someone do this? I wasn’t sure what to do. After pondering on what to do for a moment, I decided to call the man. Maybe a good laugh will make me feel better.