Honesty | Teen Ink

Honesty

June 2, 2022
By Aananya0209 SILVER, Dubai, Other
Aananya0209 SILVER, Dubai, Other
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift which is why we call it the present.


There once was a girl named Honesty Honey, yet Honesty was never honest! She was not a truthful person, one day Honesty was talking with her friends when she saw somebody coming down the hall. She stuck out her foot and tripped them. Just then Miss Daisy walked in. “Emily?” “Why are you lying on the floor?” She asked. Emily said something that was muffled up by her hair. “Honesty?” “Did you do this?” Said Miss Daisy. “No.” Lied Honesty. “Humph” said Miss Daisy. “I better get her to the nurse” She said and walked off. As soon as she was out of site Honesty’s friends Emma and Lulu said, “Honesty, that was mean!” “Ya!” Lulu agreed. “Emily got a bloody nose!” Emma continued. “So?” Said Honesty. “Well.. Well.. Well..” Stuttered Lulu. “Then we don't want to be your friends anymore!” Yelled Emma, helping Lulu out. “Fine!” Yelled an outraged Honesty. “I don’t need you anyway.”


Days passed, “I don’t need them.” Honesty grumbled to herself as she walked into math class. On the board was written ‘Math Quiz’ Then she realized that she had not practiced for the quiz. She looked around and saw the answer sheet on Miss Sunnies desk. Nobody was looking slowly she reached out and grabbed answer sheet then she went to her desk. She hid the sheet in her bag as Miss Sunny passed out the quizzes. As soon as Miss Sunny went back to her desk, Honesty pulled out the sheet with the answers and copied them all down. She got up to give in her paper when she saw Emma. Payback time. She thought. Emma was sitting in the front so as Honesty walked down to give in her paper, she slowly slipped the answer sheet into Emma’s bag. As she handed in her sheet Miss Sunny said, “where is that answer sheet?” And Honesty said, “um, Miss Sunny, I saw Emma take it!” Yet another lie! “Emma!” Miss Sunny yelled! “Give me the test paper right now!” “What what are you talking about?” Said Emma. “You know exactly what.” Said Miss Sunny. “I don’t have it” said Emma her voice squeaking. “Then let me check your bag.” Said Miss Sunny. She grabbed the sheet from Emma’s bag. Honesty smirked. “Detention now!” Yelled Miss Sunny. “Ya Emma.” Said Honesty. “Detention.” “You too miss Honey.” “What???” Honesty yelled, shocked. “It’s what you get,” said Miss Sunny. “For lying!” 


Miss Sunny took them out of the class, “Honesty he would you do that?” “I, I, I” Honesty stuttered. “Because, nobody likes me if I am myself” “How do you know?” Asked miss Sunny. “I don’t.” Admitted Honesty. “Just be yourself, and no lying!” Said Miss Sunny. “Okay.” Said Honesty. And from that day onwards, Honesty never lied, she had many friends because, she was always, Honest.


The author's comments:

I wrote this in 2019, I was looking back through my work, I found it and fixed some mistakes and now it's good to go.