August 2022 Fiction Contest: Sunsets | Teen Ink

August 2022 Fiction Contest: Sunsets

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

The sky’s painted with beautiful, delicate strokes of red, orange, and yellow. It’s so bright and yet, you can’t seem to turn away. You’re so sad about the sun setting, ending the day with a last flourish, a day you won’t be able to repeat, slipping out of your hands by the second with a wave of nostalgia.
But do not worry, my friend, as the sun will rise again, brighter than ever tomorrow, when the day starts all over again, giving another blank page in your life to fill.

Repeating over and over, but is somehow completely different from yesterday…

Sunsets are so beautiful as they hold so deep meanings…I’m not sure if anyone’s going to ever read this piece that means so much to me but if you do, please admire the sunset for me today…

TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson

Wow, I didn't know that a story can be so meaningful in just 101 words! So sorry you missed the due date, I did that once as well on accident, but it's okay! At least you still got it published for others to read! Great story by the way ;)

on Sep. 3 2022 at 10:00 am
Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
-Walt Whitman

No. Theyre used to be an edit button, but it didn't work right so Teen Ink removed it. Anyway, this story is great! I'm sorry you submitted it at the wrong time!

Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

Just realized that this was off the due date for the contest. Sorry everyone! Is there any way to change this title into just "Sunsets"? I have no idea because I'm kind of new to this platform....Sorry once again!