The second everything changed | Teen Ink

The second everything changed

March 7, 2023
By Anonymous

It was down to a second, maybe half a second but it changed everything! The time hit and everyone screamed “ TAKE A SHOT!!” I took the shot without thinking,not looking at my position, and boom before my eyes before I could even process the announcers were screaming and the bulls win!!!!!! That was the second everything changed. The sense of winning and excitement! The happiness shook me with joy. I took a second to take in every bit of happiness! The smell of victory and joy around me. The sight of confidence and power. The sound of millions of people screaming joyfully and cheerfully.The touch of the basketball that made my life flip up right. And the taste of dependence and faith. Everything was turning out! Oh right yeah I'm kayle and this was the second my life flipped up right. I am a basketball player, passionate, outgoing, and a leader to all! I have been playing basketball since I was practically born. I'm a straight A student and always strive for success. It was the day of basketball championships and everything was on the line for my scholarship to get into collage and my whole basketball career. We were playing the hardest team in the league and it was all up to one shot that would decide my future, my team's success basically. And I made it happen. After championships we moved on we practiced every hour of the day every minute of the week as time went on it was getting closer and closer to the Final Championships. Me and my team worked so hard and deserved this. We all needed this and in the end we all knew we could do it! I love my whole team and this program and as I said I will be going on to college soon and I am very much going to miss my whole team there, basically family. You see, everyone on my team is awesome and is special in their own unique ways. Jenna is  the coach. Basically she is so kind and helpful. She is our  main passion for the sport. She always finds a way to make things easy, always finds the good in the bad. Then we have Mia. She is the fastest dribbler on the team and she is the pride and joy of our whole team. She always can find a way to make the team smile. Then we can’t forget about kendall she is the best shooter on our team she makes almost all her 3 pointers and I can’t not think about one time she has not helped bring our team up. These are the biggest people on the team for me because they are my best friends and sure they help a lot in basketball but they have pushed me and supported me through all the bad times. As the weeks passed on with practice and school it became closer and closer to Finals until we were in the gym the night we have all been waiting for. We started stretching and shooting. There was 5 minutes till the game started! The whole team sat on the bench as we talked about plays and who started. The game started off good and as we hit half time  things got rough they kept scoring and making all their shots. As half time ended and we picked each other up. We got on the court smiling with confidence and we were catching up and making it as 2 minutes hit left in the game we rushed the press and really stepped up our game. We ended up making a shot and “ BINNNNNGGGGGGGGG” the timer went off and the winning team who received the golden cup  was…… the BULLS!!!! We won. It was all because of are team and our confidence I think that and the last game was the time I really realized what life was about! We all have hard times in life, some harder than others but no matter what you just have to push through it and remember it's not your fault. And just keep in mind that everyone goes through something hard in life no matter what point in time or who you are! No ones perfect and there's no such thing as people being better than others. We all are unique and different in our own ways!


The author's comments:

I liked this piece beause it  held an important theme and also a fun topic that I find very intresting and cool!