Afterglow | Teen Ink

Afterglow

September 25, 2009
By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
76 articles 0 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)


The guy is gone, the lights are on, the bed is made, and now she stands in the doorway; as the realization hits her. She is once again alone, in the silent house, with nothing but the memories that seem too unreal. She slowly slides to the floor as she stares at the bed. She hugs her knees to her chest and runs her fingers through her still ruffled hair. The feeling of freedom and passion is already long gone; and all that’s left is this loneliness, and this emptiness. Why do I feel this way? She thinks. This isn’t how it’s supposed to feel. I should be…. What? Fulfilled? Exhilarated? Happy? She feels the dread creeping into her heart. She can feel the ache begin to rise in her chest; and the pit in her stomach was gradually growing deeper. The first tear swelled from her eye as she whispered “Oh God, What did I do?” the tears continue to come at a faster pace. She just wraps her arms around herself and cries. There was no going back. No, changing it. No controlling what happens next. No way of knowing if he’ll stick around or just disappear. This……’afterglow’ that I always hear people talking about, it sucks. Simple as that; it sucks. She thinks. She only hopes that the afterglow will finally burn out.


















Inspired By: Raincoats and Recipes