A True Mansion | Teen Ink

A True Mansion

September 25, 2009
By Katrap BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
Katrap BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forest Gump


She's an imaginatively creative girl, so says the posters, pictures of memories, and artwork found all over the ceiling, walls, and door. An average teen, is what the not quite cleanliness or slop of a room tells of its' keeper. She doesn't have much living space, says the small and clustered, door less closet, which barely fits in the room alongside the bed.

A small family of four she must have, say the family portraits clinging to the wall. A loving Mom and Dad says the largest, but still small, room which barely contains a king size bed, closet, and half a bathroom. A pesky but awesome little brother too, says the narrow hallway that leads to the room next to her own.

Small, I may be, says the fourth trailer of the lot, but within lays a mansion hidden from your eyes, says my owners. The ones who give thanks for what they have every night, say the bibles not quite neatly stacked. Those who are loving and kind, says the dog lying in her room. A family who agrees that "home is where the heart is" says the sign on the door. We make up a mansion, they all say.