The Deadly Stream | Teen Ink

The Deadly Stream

By AmazingGrace88 GOLD, Lake Oswego, Oregon
AmazingGrace88 GOLD, Lake Oswego, Oregon

No boys are worth your tears,
and the ones who are wont make you cry.

The fast flowing current of this deep stream was a sad reminder of such a terrible accident that changed my life forever.
Three years ago my daughter Jessica was playing by this very same stream, she was two years old, trying to skip rocks as I had showed her so many times before. She put a great effort into a throw that caused her to lose her balance and on the slippery edge of a large bolder. She screamed and fell into the stream; I spun around and saw my darling, sweet hearted, baby being pushed under the currents of such a life sucking stream of water. I chased her down the river, to a pool of water that sucked her to the bottom of the whirl pool. Jessica struggled but was running out of energy and became limp. Her body was spit out of the turning water and was shoved to the edge of the pool. I ran to her and grabbed her I checked for a heart beat but nothing, I gave her mouth to mouth, she didn’t move.
She was gone.

this is the less disterbing side of "The Deadly Stream"

suckerpunch234 BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin

The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason,
-- over every idea.
Latin Proverb

That was amazing...sad and depressing but still a great peice.  I was wandering if you had this much talent that you would have a talent at critiqing my stories?

Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

Very good, so sad. The only suggestion is to put in more detail and description.

By the way, would you please read some of my work, rate, and critisize? I'd appreciate it.

renee=P BRONZE said...
renee=P BRONZE, Dever, Colorado
it was good. Very sad but it was good you could have put some more details about Jessica but it was good.

seapenguin said...
seapenguin, Healdsburg, California

I'm a super hero, but with no powers or motivation.

Uhm... Disturbing? But, at least little Jessica is in heaven skipping all the big rocks she can handle. :)