The Alartm Clock | Teen Ink

The Alartm Clock

By ISayWeCuddleNow PLATINUM, Bartlett, Illinois
ISayWeCuddleNow PLATINUM, Bartlett, Illinois

This isn't my favorite, but it's a good quote...

"The world needs Christians who don't tolerate the complacency of their own lives." - Crazy Love

I woke up, to find that my alarm hadn’t gone off. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 7:02am. I had to leave for work in 8 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and ran out the door. I forgot my breakfast. I ran back inside to grab a cup of coffee, and fell on the doormat.

I woke up, to find that I hadn’t fallen on my doormat. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 6:48am. I had to leave for work in 22 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, grabbed a cup of coffee, ran out the door, and started my car. I checked my phone battery, and hit an oncoming car.

I woke up, to find that I hadn’t hit an oncoming car. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 6:17am. I had to leave for work in 53 minutes. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, grabbed a granola bar, ran out the door, started my car, and spilled my coffee.

I woke up, to find that I didn’t spill my coffee. Instead of getting up at 6am, I got up at 5:59am. I closed my eyes for a second, and my alarm woke me up.

voxel486 BRONZE, Wheaton, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. (C.S. Lewis)

Very creative how you always returned to "I woke up," etc.

Fun story and also kind of telling of human nature that we take all we can whenever we can