Insanity: Yes. | Teen Ink

Insanity: Yes.

July 1, 2010
By jessi GOLD, Nunya, Florida
jessi GOLD, Nunya, Florida
15 articles 4 photos 115 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."


“But why?” She asked him again.
“Because,” was the short reply. His voice was growing tense; the girl had been there asking questions for over an hour. When will she leave?
“Because why?”
“BECAUSE!” He yelled. A few moments passed in silence before her voice came again. “But why does that happen?”
“SARA! Just sit down and color or something! Stop asking all of these stupid questions!”
She looked hurt at first, before defiantly replying. “Johnathon doesn’t think my questions are stupid, and he always answers them!”
David ground his teeth. “I don’t care, Sarah! Just stop talking for 10 minutes!”
She glared for a moment; picking up her doll, she continued playing and began quietly humming to herself. He glared at her for a moment before exploding yet again.
“SARA! Just, be QUIET!”
She stood up and glared at him. “NO! Stop yelling at me and just go away!” she jumped off her chair and ran to the door. “Sara-“ David ran across the room, but just before he reached her, she ran out the door, slamming it behind her. He threw it open and chased her down the hall. She turned the corner, and he lost sight of her for a moment. She stood by the door that led to the courtyard, struggling to open it. Spinning her around, he grabbed her shoulders and shook her. “Leave me alone!” she screamed, beating him with her tiny fists. He picked her up and held her against the wall. “What’s wrong with you, Sara?” tears streamed down her face as he yelled at her. “Why can’t you just do as you’re told? You’re acting like a spoiled brat!” he set her down, and she cowered against the wall. “What do you think, that you can just do whatever you want?” he punched the wall and leaned in closer. “WELL? Do you?!”
The door was suddenly thrown open and Johnathon burst in. “David! Stop it!” Sara ran to him, while he continued rebuking David. “For Pete’s sake, she’s a child!” He knelt down and picked her up like a child, her arms around his neck. David glared at them for a moment, before stalking past and, flinging open the door, went outside ready to fight anyone who was willing.


The author's comments:
This is an example of what happens in my head sometimes... I wrote about these people in my peice, "Insanity?" although i may have called David, Michael instead. xP But yeah. I don't usually write, but oh well.