A Midnight Conversation | Teen Ink

A Midnight Conversation

By kread18 DIAMOND, Berkeley, California
kread18 DIAMOND, Berkeley, California

“Do you talk to everyone this way? i truly find it amusing”
“Do you honestly though?”
“How do I get into these deep conversations with you?”
“I have no Idea but it is refreshing to know that I can talk to you like this because you generally do understand me. at least I would like to believe so.”
“Well I guess I do, even though i don't know you that well... And I only talk to people like this because it is late at night and that is usually when I listen to jazz and think about random stuff. Usually existential or insubstantial.”
“I like getting into your mind a little. I like it when people tell me things they are thinking...”
“It’s easy because it is the only time when I can actually single you out for a while. Also, if you want to know what I am thinking, ask. The worst that can happen is I can say no.”
“I guess. And I appreciate your thoughts.”
“And I yours. I appreciate intelligence more than beauty in actual application.”
“I appreciate both. But it matters to me that someone is well-rounded I guess the term is.”
“Well yes, a combination of both is desirable but not always possible. Given that I will lean to the side of intelligence.”
“How seemingly appropriate.”
“A quick question to you, what is your first impression of me?”
“You’ve changed a lot since sixth grade. At first you were the short geeky guy with the glasses, no offense.”
“None taken”
“Now, I seriously don't know anyone else that would talk like you do. But I think it's a good thing. Now you have to answer the same question about me.”
“Okay, give me a few moments to think and compose.”
“This does not have to be some formal thing.
How long does this take?
I practically answered you immediately.”
“You are an individual. Someone of uncommon character (of which I assure you is good) wherein hides a most undeclared intelligence. While often understated, it can be sometimes seen in moments of brilliance. Most often, kept in a quiet reserved corner of the persona. As for first impressions I say this: You have charm which endears you to your friends and that character is also presented as an open invitation of friendship.
Sorry for the wait but I hope it was worth it.”
“That's only the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me...”
“Good. Sorry if it is a bit awkward but I really have to go now so good night and sleep well.”

falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i enjoyed this..there was a lot of feeling put into it and it comes thru the words...great job.. keep writing:)