Of Course Not | Teen Ink

Of Course Not

September 1, 2010
By BubblyBurlee BRONZE, Mt. Olive, Illinois
BubblyBurlee BRONZE, Mt. Olive, Illinois
3 articles 6 photos 12 comments

"I'm different from other guys."

Of course you were. You liked me, just that make you different.

I curled up against your chest. With my eyes closed, I breathed you in; a mixture of Tim McGraw calone and sweat. I couldn't help to smile. I always had to smile when I was around you.

"You do know that, right, Jelly Bean?" You squeezed me tighter. I looked up, right into your big, gorgeous blue eyes that sparkled when you smiled.

"Yes." I was locked in your gaze.

"And you know when I move there, nothing is going to change. It's going to be all about you, Kate." You poked my nose.

I smiled, butterflies in my stomach, "No, I bet you'll end up like everyone else and ignore me. You'll have girls all over you and you'll forget all about little ol' me." I hoped not.

"You're my best friend, gurly, it wont change."

Of course not.

Months past. I was gone most of the summer and barely saw you. In those couple of months that I didn't see you, you changed so drastically.

The first day of school finally came. Excitement filled up inside me. I craved for your voice, smile, and your sparkling eyes.

I saw you for the first time that say in the hall way. You were walking towards me. I gave you a smile, waiting for the smiles that I had missed so much while I was gone. But I never got one. You walked right past me, like I wasn't even there. I was a ghost to you. Like I said, I was a no one. And everything you said was a lie.

Hanging out with you was impossible. You always ditched me for your new friends, the ones that never gave me a chance like you had.
They started you into drugs.
And Drinking.
And so many other hurtful things, because this new guy here isn't you! I know that's not you!! I know the real you, but I don't see him... Anywhere...


The author's comments:
This is nothing special, just a little project to get it out of my system. I still miss him:(