Green Murder | Teen Ink

Green Murder

'Come on, come on...' I watched the clock as it slowly ticked towards 2:00. As soon as it hit 2:00, everyone jumped out of their seats, eager for the summer to begin. Running to their lockers, most people, including the teachers, were eager to leave. Some were sad, knowing that this may be the last time they could see their friends, wishing this day would never end. A friend's voice interrupted my thoughts."Hey, Mike, are you ready for summer or what?"
Smiling, I turned to him, "You bet! Wanna call some friends and go to the movies or something?Anything to get out of school!"
"Sure, why not? Hey, you taking the bus?"
Sighing, I said,"No,I have to go to the greenhouse."
"Aww, man why?"
"Cause they told me to, so I have to." He was about to say something, but I cut him off." I know its the last day, but I guess I have to. Wanna come?"
"No way, I'm outta here, man! See you later." At that he ran off to the bus, ready to go home. As soon as he disappeared in the crowd, I turned and ran towards the greenhouse. I was hoping to get there and leave so that I could get home before my friends did. Even running as fast as I could, it could still take me a few minutes to get there. The school was so big, you could run a marathon in just the main hallway! After a few minutes, though, I stood before the huge double doors that went into the greenhouse.
Even though I was in here everyday, the beauty of the place was always astounding. Beautiful flowers hung from the ceiling. To your left and right were long hallways, both lined with the greenest plants. In the center of the hallways were huge tables, meant to seat the huge amount of people here everyday. The teachers desk was in the center, but she wasn't here, so I decided to poke around one last time.
Heading down the hallway to my left, I heard a sound, something like somebody whimpering to them selves. Slowly, I walked towards the sound. As I got closer, It sounded like a dying animal rather than a person, so I advanced a little faster. Just I was about to find the source of this sound, a voice ,that sounded like it was being choked, sounded. "I know you're there, but please, go away."
Never being one who listened to people, I asked, "Are you O.K.?"
"Please, go away."The voice sounded more dangerous, but I didn't care.
I started to walk a little closer than I probably should have. "You O.K.?" I asked again.
Then something glinted in the sunlight, and I was staring down the barrel of a gun."I told you to go away", the voice said again. I still couldn't see my assailant, thanks to the gun in my face. "Sit down"
After I had sat down, the attacker pulled the gun back, and I was astounded by what I saw.
My assailant was a young, beautiful girl. She had blond hair, fair skin, and wonderful sky blue eyes. The only thing that took my eyes off of her was the gun in her hand. It was small, but at this range, a BB gun would kill me. I looked into her eyes and asked,"Do you know what are you doing with that? Are you going to shoot me?" That was a stupid question, but it was what was on my mind.
The girl looked back into my eyes, and, despite her beauty, her eyes were cold and dangerous. "I know exactly what I am doing with this, and I just might shoot you if you don't stop talking."
It was unlike me to listen, but in this case, I shut right up. I started to hear her mumble to herself, "Where is he, where is he...."
"Who?" Wrong question. She jumped back and pointed the gun at me again. "You really want to test me, boy? Then just keep on talking!" I sat there, silent."There, now you're being smart."
We both heard another kid coming towards the greenhouse. Keeping the gun pointed at me, she got up and looked down the hall. Jumping down again, she got ready. What was she going to do? Then I saw a teenager, around 17-18, coming down the hall, looking very confused. Oh no... She was going to kill him?
I slowly started to get up. The girl didn't notice, but the guy sure did. I motioned for him to run, but he didn't understand. I tried pointing down at her,but that made no difference. Instead of turning around, he actually sped up. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girl jump up from where she was hiding.
Almost in slow motion, I saw her fire and fire. I saw him try to run, but it was too late. His body jerked as bullet after bullet hit him. I turned to the girl and I pounced on her. I knocked her to the ground and grabbed the hand she had the gun in. She kept pulling the trigger, you could see the bullets bouncing off the ceiling. A pot fell and hit right beside us. Finally, I was able to get the gun out of her hands.
I jumped off of her and pointed the gun at her. Both of us were breathing heavily. Now she was scarred, and I was in control. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed 911. Soon after that, officers came into the greenhouse, guns drawn. Soon they took my gun and questioned me. After they questioned me, they took me to the police station.
A sergeant questioned me again and pulled up a security camera that confirmed my story. He told me that I was going to have to be in court." O.K." I said. That was really all I could say. Its not like I had a choice in the matter. In court they made me swear on the Bible, then tell my story for the millionth time.While I was, though, I could see the teary eyed girl, whose name was Sharon, sitting with her head down.
The whole time, even though the prosecution had a bullet proof case, I had to ask why Sharon did it.Soon I learned that it was because she had been raped by the poor fellow, or so she claimed. There was no evidence. It may have been a lie made up by the defense, but, if it was, it was a good one. I believed it, then I started to feel sorry for her. But what was done was done. There was no turning back. She had made a terrible mistake and now she was paying for it. The sentence was 10-15. That may have been the maximum, but I wouldn't know.All I know is that now the greenhouse has lost all of its former beauty, tainted by the tragedy that happened there.

I randomly wrote this, so PLEASE tell me how I did.

Jakethesnake BRONZE, Hernando, Mississippi

"Read, Read... Read everything, then write."-William Faulkner

I forgot to make sure the paragraphs and everything was good before I posted this. Sorry if it is difficult to read.