The Writer | Teen Ink

The Writer

By writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Allow me, just for a moment, to describe the writer to you.

If you look around a room full of various random people, there will be the loud ones, the quiet ones, the ones who want to get to know as many experiences in life as they can, and the ones who just essentially know all the same things, nothing more and nothing less, at the end of the year as they did at the beginning. The writer will be the one who wants to know the world as well as the back of one’s own hand, realizing, of course, that it’s impossible, but still fighting to know until the end of one’s days. He’ll be the one who will observe every and any situation he is thrust in, always seeming to be passive on the outskirts of the sidelines of every hubbub, watching. She’ll be the one breaking all the rules to just know, know the story of that betrayal, know the truth behind that perfect façade. The writer will be the unnoticed one, the uninvited one, the un-minded one, the unavoidable one, the stranger sitting in the darkest corner of the room in the cloak, with face hooded and unseen, just sitting and wordlessly watching.

Well, four days (and counting) of fevers, sore throats, sinuses, and headaches, and this is what comes out of it. ...Could have been worse.... :)

Ambrose Bierce

Thank you!! I really tried to make this piece relatable but still personal in some ways as well. I'm glad you liked it. :)

krarthurs SILVER, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called "Facts". They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain.
-Thomas Hobbes

I don't know what it is, but something about this piece really gets me. I was so...moved, if you will, by it and I really can't put my finger on it as to why. Beautiful piece, really. Great job.

Ambrose Bierce

Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoy it! :)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

This is gorgeous, it reminds me of Strider, from The Lord of the Rings :)