Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By lvnglfe1593 PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
lvnglfe1593 PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

"Never think about the consequences of your actions, living for today and not tomorrow's satisfactions." ~Ludacris

I sat listening to the waves, crash upon the shore. The wind was strong today. It brushed my tears off my face. I had cried everyday for the last three months, ever since my mother got re-married. I had liked my stepfather at first but that one night I came home drunk, things became different. Different in such a way that I let myself be violated.

I know that it was partly my fault but I didn’t have anyone to go to for help. I was trapped in a circle of Hell. Every night Rob would come in, say some words, and proceed to touch me in any way he liked. The beach was my escape: my chance to be free from my pain, be free from my hurt, and be free from Rob.

I had friends of course but none of them would understand. Everyone loved Rob and would never take sides against him, especially my mother. She was so blinded by her love for him that she could never see the hurt I was experiencing. She could never let me tell her something she didn’t want to be true.

So there it is, my life as a wreck with no way to fix it. As I pondered the thought of suicide, I knew deep inside me that it wouldn’t do anything for anyone. All I would have to do is walk into the roaring waves and never come out. All I would have to do is let myself be taken by the sea, to a place where I could never be harmed again.

As the pain became deeper, I felt myself fall over. Sitting up had even become all too painful and that is when I could see what I had to do, where I had to go, and whom I needed to see. I stood up and started walking toward the face of God.

I wrote this in my creative writing class.